Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: The Surgical Menopause Thread  (Read 81652 times)

Annie0710

Re: The Surgical Menopause Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »

Hi Tempest !

So glad you're still doing great off HRT ! And good luck with your appointments Xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »

Oh, thank you so much dear Annie! I have some serious catching up to do on here. ;) xxxxx

coldethyl

« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »

Glad to hear you are doing well. I've had a few days when I've thought oh no I feel like I'm not doing so well but I have just gritted teeth and got on with what I have to do, and they've passed. I get flushes sometimes during day , big mostly it's first thing in the morning just before I wake up so I'm putting that down to a big swig of cortisol and adrenaline to get me going. I'm finding navigating meno a bit like coping with the cancer . I try not to look too far ahead and just deal with what is on my plate today. It's hard but living in the moment seems to be what all the agencies involved with my care are advocating so in the absence of any other cunning plan , I'm working with it.
Take care and wishing you well. X

Elizabethrose

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »

Hi coldethyl, I haven't seen you here for a little while and wondered how you are. I'm so glad you're managing.

I think that is definitely the way to go when we're handling difficult times or ill health. Manage the day, pigeon steps: worrying about what the next day will bring just makes it all too difficult and sometimes overwhelming.

Nice to 'see' you and I send you all good wishes x

coldethyl

« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »

Thank you ER. I had a few days away at weekend so wasn't about much online. Nice to have a break and be " normal" for a while.  X

abbyH

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »

Great to hear from you Tempest! I just sent a PM, but have caught up on your progress here.

I've sent you mine, but maybe just posting for the other ladies too

I'm nearly 3 weeks after seeing Miss Whitcroft
Taking Metformin + Vit B6, plus Progynova

The same old feelings re the patch, swelling boobs and a feeling of bloatedness all over.. She suggested dropping the patch dose from 50 x 2 to 25 x 2.. so I've done that.. and taking the progynova only every other day. I still feel the same :(
Weight has not shifted AT ALL and I am so frustrated, the 10lbs are strapped to me, so it seems, despite now a low carb diet and doing lots more exercise.. I'm at a loss re that.

In a few weeks I can add T, so maybe, just maybe that will finally do the trick re balancing everything out... If not, I'm going to have to abandon this, as Tempest has, as the other symptoms (insomnia and flushes) have only been relieved in a minor way - not that I was having flushes more like 'surges' in the middle of the night..

I'm prepared to give it a few months and see how the Testosterone works when my estrogen is at a higher level, maybe it's the balance that's been off with me previously

hope everyone is well!

Abby xx

doolou

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »

Hi, ladies!

I haven't abandoned you all - promise! I'm 32 days off all HRT now and doing ok! Still a few 'warm ones' after main meal of the day and a bit of warmth at night but THAT'S  IT! Saw my gynaecologist who originally did my surgery 2 days ago and he thinks I should be ok!

The anxiety I had on HRT has gone, by the way! :)

I'm off to see my surgeon's endocrinology colleague shortly to check adrenal function and thyroid are all ok - as I've been through the 'wringer' on and off HRT and never getting stable, my surgeon thought it was a good idea. I'm so grateful for his care. I will keep my appointment at Professor Lumsden's clinic in May if only to tell her nothing worked (my surgeon thinks this is a good idea)!

I also spoke with a lovely lady I know who is 62 now yesterday and did 6 years on HRT following her TAH/BSO at the age of 42, and then came off due to worsening migraines. I can report that she hasn't fallen apart, still works full time in a demanding job with swing shifts and is looking forward to her daughter's wedding shortly. I like to bring you happy stories if I can. :)

Much love to all my sisters here - and well done on the e cig Doolou - I knew it would work! Coldethyl - I am SO glad that you're continuing to do ok. You really have been a huge help and inspiration to me in taking the plunge and coming off HRT. Hugs!! xxx
Hi Tempest,  yes it's lovely to hear from you,  and that you're having a more positive time of things lately.  I've been having a read through this stream again,  and hope you are all finding your way through the tough times along with the fabulous support from the wonderful ladies on here who whilst having their own battles,  can still offer wisdom and hope.  My update?   I have now finished work ready for my repair op next Thursday.  I've been using evorel 50 for nearly 4 weeks now, prescribed by the lovely lady at our meno clinic and feel so much better.  She seemed to think that one year post op for endo, I don't need progesterone.  I am starting on evorel 75 tomorrow as she was happy to increase this.  Only thing is......I will be removing all patches and vagifem next week for the op! Just when I was starting to feel 'me' again  :o I saw my surgeon this morning who explained what she and her senior (as they are operating between them) intend to do. I feel like I am finally getting control of my situation at long last.  My surgeon did mention the fact that I am on oestrogen only,  and had I tried going without?! Oh dear,  if the last few months are anything to go by, compared with how I'm feeling now then I would be gutted if post op she feels oestrogen only can't be used.  I guess I'll have to survive the op, hormone crash,  and see what she says! I asked for a post op follow up this time and she said yes.  I am of course worried about possible complications regarding the bowel etc., but trying to think positively,  and hope that I will end up better than I am now physically and not worse.  I guess with the percentages given,  I have a good chance?  Any opinions or experience would be greatly appreciated.  Sending hugs to all you lovely ladies xxx

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »

Don't know if anyone can help. I'm on my hols abroad, before I left home my abdomen had gone back to pre-hysterectomy size, but after day one of my holiday (sat) my abdomen has gone back to looking like I'm 6-9 months pregnant, can anyone shed any light on this? It's distressing as the clothes I've brought with me are now not doing up :(

Annie0710

« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »

Could it be water retention ? Even a 2 hr flight to Spain leaves my ankles swollen for days on end x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

Thanks Annie it could be, I just thought 5 days was too long to still have fluid retention, if that is what is causing swelling.

Menomale

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »

Different food causing bloating?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »

I really don't know Menomale but it's really distressing me, I eat the same for breakfast & lunch as i do at home porridge & sandwich respectively, as for dinner fish, prawns, veggie dishes, chicken more less same as home just done differently!

Tempest

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »

Bumping our thread as its been a while, and I'd love to know how you're all getting along. Hugs, Tempest xxxxx

sassy44

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »

I'm 45,had oopehrectomy in Jan. Just ovaries and tubes removed due to cysts. Had mirena coil fitted but soon had it taken out as it moved etc. Then onto everol sequi con but bled a lot. Now on everol conti. Anxiety and bleeding is awful had estradil levels checked. 239 they are? X also have palpertations and a swallowing reflux occurring which makes me panic, has amyone else had this? Waiting to see doc again

Tempest

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »

Hi, Sassy! I'm so sorry you're struggling so badly! Are you seeing a Consultant at a menopause clinic at all? If not, it would be a very good idea to get a referral and we can point you in the right direction if you let us know which part of the country you're in (you can PM me if you're not comfortable saying on the forum).

Hugs,

Tempest xxxxx

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20