Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Surgical Menopause - A Story Of Hope.  (Read 1410 times)

Tempest

Surgical Menopause - A Story Of Hope.
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »

Hello to all my fellow TAH/BSO and BSO ladies. I know a few of you have posted recently, and I WILL reply to you ASAP I promise!

As we know, our symptoms are much more severe than ladies going through natural menopause (even those experiencing premature ovarian failure - but I'm not in any way taking away from these very unfortunate women).

I wanted therefore to share this story of hope - this lady has had TAH/BSO and I hope it helps you all to feel a little better in that things can and do get better! We here are pretty much in the main in the early days/months/years following our surgeries, so this gives you a slightly longer term view.

I hope this helps!

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php't=416637

Biggest hugs to you all - you're all very brave and remarkable women.

Love,

Tempest xxx

P.S. Just to clarify - this lady DID have both ovaries removed, as she confirms in her previous and later posts (it's not clear from her profile).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:23:20 PM by Tempest »

Rhiner

Re: Surgical Menopause - A Story Of Hope.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »

Hi Tempest, thanks for posting. Yes its encouraging, 4 years down the line and no HRT.

Rhiner

Mer109

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:31:21 PM »

A very interesting positive read, the comment 'naps liberally' mad me chuckle, seeing as though most of us have got to continue to work till we are 67 years old I am envisioning work setting up nap stations .....

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

She's 7 years plus now,  Rhiner! I think her healthy life style and adopting a no stress approach has been the key. Also a lady at our local CMHT had her surgery aged 42. She was on HRT 5 years and then GP took her off (new guidelines weren't in place then). She is 54 now and doing well, working full time including evening shifts. I quizzed her at length about any health problems - joints, sleeping etc. and apart from a return of night sweats for the first 6 months, she has had no other problems at all.

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 05:33:31 PM »

Nap stations should be MANDATORY, Mer!! ;) ;D