Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Abrupt stop to Tibolone?  (Read 8872 times)

Tempest

Re: Abrupt stop to Tibolone?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »

Hi, Rhiner!

Yes - you're yet another lady who this has happened to! It's a disgrace, it truly is, that surgeons don't tell ladies about this and then expect us to get on with it! It's absolutely horrific when this happens, isn't it? Only us BSO ladies truly know how awful this is and it's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't experienced it. I'm glad Mer has posted here so that at least she knows she isn't alone!

How are you doing these days, Rhiner? I always like to keep connected to my fellow BSO ladies. I hope things are going well for you? xxxx

Rhiner

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 10:39:38 PM »

Hi Tempest,

It is really bad that this is happening and that the surgeons literally'take them out' and then thats it job done! They are just not bothered and refuse to accept that it is a crash of hormones, I am still seething about it almost a year on.

I have been doing Ok up to mid Dec then a few bad symptoms have hit, starting with anxiety and faintness. I have had a couple of the bugs that have been doing the rounds and it seems to deplete the oestrogen. I am now starting to get strength back etc after 5 weeks.  I have seen that you are now trying Tribolone, I do hope you manage to get sorted and hopefully this will be the one for you, you have certainly been through it! xx

matildamouse

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 04:53:58 AM »

Mer are you on any anti-nausea medication which is sometimes given for balance issues? If so, look into a possible DYSTONIC reaction which can be an adverse effect from the medication...it is marked by involuntary and spasmodic muscle movements e.g it can affect the eyes, neck, tongue, limbs etc.

All the best, I feel so sorry for you!x

Mer109

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 11:19:29 AM »

Dear Tempest

One overy was said to be cystic and had ruptured, the other once the surgeon went in was said to be "chocolate cyst" the overy was adhered to the uthrea, causing separate issues with water works. His attitude prior to surgery however was, as your age you have no further need for ovaries and it's more to go wrong in later life. I didn't question him - stupidly

Anyway, visited the GP and asked as per NICE guidelines, after surgical removal of overies, who is the healthcare professional with expertise of menopause I can be referred to and similarly who is the healthcare professional with expertise of menopause who is to carry out the review of my 3 month use of HRT and can I have bloods checked for levels

He was blank and confused, stating his area of expertise was with the male species ...prostate and he was not aware of any referrals being completed on menopausal women and bloods tests are not carried out in regards to hormones due to fluctuations, results are not accurate

He has suggested I make an appointment to see a female GP in practice who apparently has more knowledge than him! Which I have done for Friday. I don't hold out much hope!!

I am so confused, my systoms remain, the G.P neither the surgeon have recognising the 'hormone crash' no one has suggested checking my level of hormones (would this be a blood test) the surgeon has only just contacted me at the suggestion he will be receiving more money ( annoying that he didn't reply to my contact previously) His advice was to stop Tibolne with no substitute mentioned but see how I go, which I haven't done as yet as I am scared of consequences?

My balance/dizzy issues were horrific last night, woke my up when I moved in my sleep, feeling like I was being pushed and pulled around....

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 03:33:36 PM »

Hi Mer109

In your position I would want to explore whether the Tibolone was contributing to or even causing my symptoms - as has been said the dizziness etc could be the hormonal shock caused by the operation but it may be that Tibolone does not suit you or is not providing the right hormonal "milieu" after your op.

I understand that it has been prescribed because of its weak androgenic action as well as oestrogen but has there been a suggestion of for example starting a low dose oestrogen patch instead and gradually building up?

There would be no point testing your hormones I don't think since from what I recall Tibolone doesn't produce an increase in estradiol (might have remembered wrongly here!).

Hurdity x

Tempest

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 04:41:15 PM »

Good advice actually, Hurdity! I was going to suggest to Mer as she has an appointment on Friday that she ask the female GP for a switch to Estradot or similar. At least if things improve (which hopefully they will, Mer) then you know it's the Tibolone.

Mer109

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »

Thank you Ladies for taking the time to advise, should I continue Tibolone until Friday until I see female GP do you think? I am thinking I should? Forgive my ignorance, it's a whole new world lol but what is Estradot.

Tempest

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 05:25:14 PM »

I should continue Mer, yes. It should be no problem making a straight switch over. Estradot is a very small estrogen only HRT patch that is available in various strengths. You replace it twice weekly, and for those that do well on it it supplies a steady release of hormones. Hurdity I'm sure will be along shortly to advise as she has a lot of experience of using Estradot over the years.  :)

Pages: 1 [2]