Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot 37.5 sticking plus supply problems  (Read 3830 times)

Sunnydays

Estradot 37.5 sticking plus supply problems
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »

Hi, has any one else experienced supply problems yet again with estradot? All my local pharmacies who have different suppliers say there is a problem with the manufacturer. I usually have 25mcg but took a prescription for 37.5 as only ones I could get.
I've never had a sticking problem but already with the 37.5 I've had one fall off, and this morning I woke to find that the patch had moved 2 inches along my skin. The place it had left was sticky (I guess with the adhesive) and it's stuck fast in the new location! If it wasn't for the sticky place of where it had moved from I think I might have thought I was going bonkers!
 ???

Tempest

Re: Estradot 37.5 sticking plus supply problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »

Hi, Sunnydays!

Yes, the supply with the Estradot is a bit precarious to say the least! I always have good luck (touch wood) with the very large branches of Boots. Give that a go if you can.😊

I have to say that the 25's are marvellous at sticking - I find that the larger the patch, the more wrinkly it gets (but that makes sense, doesn't it)? My tip is that if you apply to tummy, always lay down to apply it. If it's your bottom, then sitting down to apply helps (it ensures skin is taught, which makes for smoother adhesion).

I always keep my hand over the patch for 5 minutes to help it to settle - I found pressing the edges as others have suggested elsewhere makes the glue 'ooze' more round the edges.

I also have a top tip for removing the black glue gunk - I pop in the shower with a Muslin cloth (the type you get with Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish) and miraculously it just lifts off with just this wet cloth with no fierce scrubbing! No idea why this works and a flannel doesn't, apart from the muslin cloth is a gentle exfoliator.

I'm not sure why your patch went to a little walk......hmmmm! Thats a weird one, isn't it? :o

Dana

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »

Yes estradot supply is a major issue in Australia at the moment, and normal supply may not be restored until mid next year. From what I've gathered this is a problem with the US manufacturers.  I started a thread about it a couple of months ago.

I've never had any sticking or "migration" problems though. I never worry about the old adhesive marks. They're handy to have so you know where you've stuck them before.

Menomale

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »

Mine are the 25 and just disappeared last Friday... during shower, maybe? It was on my bottom and I don't look there frequently these days  ::) I haven't replaced it yet.  I feel ok apart from some adrenaline surges during sleep last night and some anxiety in the morning, but hot flushes have gone these past 2 days...

Rhiner

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »

As noted by Tempest, it seems the larger the patch the worse it is to stick. I found 50 and 25 really good, but the 75 (or this batch at least) has been a little problematic (wrinkles but the wrinkle is lifted from the skin, whereas the smaller ones tend to follow skin contours a little better). I also advocate pressing firmly for several seconds when first applied and then just keeping an eye on it.

As Ive mentioned before, Novartis are reluctant to sell via the 2 big wholesalers who want massive discounts, hence this accounts for them sometimes being hard to get

Rhiner

Menomale

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Hi Rhiner,

What is the price of Estradot in the UK?

Rhiner

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »

Hi Menomale,

I get mine through the government NHS (National Health Service), so pay £8.50 for 3 or 6 months worth.  I think they cost around 85p per patch through a private script (just had a quick look on line).

Rx

Menomale

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »

Thanks, silly me, menobrain today  ::)

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »

Very true, Rhiner! Actually, the 25's and 37.5's were fine, but the 50's for me were a beast for wrinkling too. I wore 2 x 25's on a couple of occasions as I had some left over and that was MUCH better!

I must admit Menomale, this was why I stuck to sticking them on my tummy. I need to be able to see what the blasted thing was doing re: wrinkling etc. I think it's the 'control freak' in me. As you can imagine, being a control freak is HELL during Meno. as there is absolutely nothing predictable about this whole nightmare no matter what you do!!

I'm sure if men had to replace hormones, they would come up with far more effective delivery systems. They certainly wouldn't keep putting up with this c**P!! >:(

Rhiner

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:24 AM »

Tummy for me too for the same reasons as Tempest, very easy to check. One pack of 75s recently had 2 lines through the entire strip (looked like the active had missed these two places), I have tried putting a complaint in on line but not successful. 

Rhiner