Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Blood Test Results  (Read 3794 times)

murphydurf

Blood Test Results
« on: January 25, 2017, 04:57:51 PM »

I'm waiting on my GP to call me back but have just had the following from the receptionist:

TSH:     .69
T4:        10
Serum Oestradiol: 86pmol

Can anyone give me a clue on what this means?

Mx

Taz2

Re: Blood Test Results
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:24 PM »

Hi murphydurf - does this help? https://www.reference.com/health/normal-range-t3-t4-tsh-thyroid-hormone-levels-96a2e0693b312a55   and this has the Serum Oestradiol ranges https://www.southtees.nhs.uk/services/pathology/tests/oestradiol/

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon!

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:47:22 AM »

Are you still fertile or post-meno murphydurf. If you are still fertile at which stage of your cycle did you have the test taken as this makes a lot of difference.

Taz x

peri

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »

Hi Murphydurf any particular reason why you had mirena removed?x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »

murphydurf
Hurdity is the one who will be able to interpret these readings - you could PM her?
I think pmol/i should read as higher - so maybe 400-600 would be about right on 2-3 pumps per day.
If it's pg/ml then the reading would be much lower for the same level.
Your reading seems to be for someone who is post meno without HRT!!?? Hopefully your doctor will be able to explain why your levels are so low on such a high dose of Oestrogel??
When I had the Mirena my readings were around 600 on 2 pumps per day!!
It appears some women simply don't absorb transdermally - I believe progesterone does have a small effect on the oestrogen but shouldn't be that much. What a mystery!!  DG x

Tempest

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »

Blimey, Murph! This definitely smacks of you not absorbing, doesn't it? Are you tempted into trying the Tibolone?

peri

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »

Sorry to hear you didn't get on with it.  I've had mine 3 weeks and been fine apart from feeling a bit flat the last 2 days (I'm hoping it's a temporary blip).  Or maybe I need to up my oestrogen.  Did your GP give you your test results or Prof Studd? I ask because I've never been able to get my GP to do the full range.

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

Oooh, up and down! It's a tricky one to adjust to and I was about ready to throw in the towel yesterday but I think I'll give it a bit longer......I AM seeing some positives that I haven't seen on anything else! Having said that, I did do ok for a year with nothing, but am ever mindful that I'm 'further down the road' now and I'm not sure how I'd manage with no HRT nowadays. My poor adrenals would probably end up flogged to death - which scares me...... :o

I'm sure the Prof. will have something to say about your levels! According to a lot of GP's, if it ain't zero, then it's normal...! Unbelievable, isn't it? Let us know what he says. I think you just might get along fine  with the Tibolone.....I know I just couldn't absorb/circulate the damned transdermals! I'm sure that's why I'm a bit of a basket case nowadays as I persevered for 9 months thinking it was just me and I was in some way 'not coping' with the whole HRT thing! >:(

Menomale

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »

Hello ladies,

I'm following your conversation with interest, but not posting because my mackbook crashed and typing on the phone is just impossible due to poor eyesight.

Murphy, I hope your mirena free days give you some clue to what is happening. Fingers crossed for you!
Tempest, maybe you should persevere a little bit longer on tibolone?  I haven't been able to read all posts so forgive me if I'm saying s***.

Sending you hugs, hugs, hugs...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:04:43 PM by Menomale »

peri

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »

Murphydurf I know what you mean I've met professionals who know nothing.  Some (my GP's) are open to learning/listening and others are intransigent.

I think I've discovered why I've been feeling below par for the last couple of days I've started spotting/bleeding - honestly you'd think I'd know the signs by now! ::)

Tempest

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »

Hey, Menomale! Sorry to hear the ol' Macbook is giving you problems. I think you could very well be right about the Tibolone....... ;) Yesterday was a bit of a horror story, and I panicked! You know how it goes............ ::)

Murph - I know!!! I felt like a freak for months......I just couldn't get it why everyone was saying they felt great on transdermal this and that, and I felt like pure crap. It was like a race to the bottom of the barrel every day with that stuff...... >:(