Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Taste  (Read 1975 times)

Debs165

Taste
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »

Hi,

Does anyone else get a really horrible taste in their mouth? for the last week I have been getting a horrible taste.

Debs

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Taste
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »

Yep.  Tea in particular by the end of the day tastes foul, so I drink Coke ..... sometimes I think that my evening milk drink has gone 'off' but am assured that it's my taste buds  >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:51:19 PM »

Hi Debs165 - the only time I got a horrible taste and was sure there was something wrong with my teeth - I discovered it was a phenomenon known as "pine mouth"  - some people get this with some types of pine nuts (and you don't know apparently as they are all mixed together!). It gradually disappeared (over the next couple of weeks) once I stopped eating the nuts and haven't eaten them since ( except occasionally). I realise this is only one explanation - but I had never come across it until I googled - so just mentioning it in case.....

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »

Some patients on chemotherapy report the taste of zinc ........ when I was on The Pill my sense of smell altered and I could smell garbage but nothing sweet and pleasant until 5-6 weeks after stopping the contraceptive  :sigh:

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 06:21:44 PM »

Is your mouth/gums sore ?
I got a metallic taste when I had a phase of something like Burning Mouth Syndrome, it was ruled out I'm sure,  but the symptoms were very similar.  Have you started any new meds/vitamins ? If no I'd say it's worth a dentist visit x

cubagirl

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »

I had similar problem with pine nuts.  Once I stopped all returned to normal.  If you continue to have a bad taste, worth paying your dentist a visit.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »

Some toothpastes can cause problems too!

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 11:16:44 PM »

True, I've used some toothpastes which have left a bad taste. I like my mouth to feel clean & zingy.  ::)