Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: am i perimenopause  (Read 1964 times)

ngibbons

am i perimenopause
« on: January 16, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »

Hi my periods have been normal up until now. I finished my last period on 27 December 2016 but started bleeding again exactly 1 week later. It was light to start with but gradually got heavier (although not as heavy as what my periods have been). I've been bleeding for 2 weeks now and are worried. Has anyone else had this thanks

nearly50

Re: am i perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:07:45 PM »

I think a lot of women sometimes have odd periods - I remember phoning my doctor up in a panic when I was in my 20s because I had one period straight after another, but it was just a one off at the time. I'm sure someone else will be along with advice on whether to go your GP or not but I'd personally wait and see what happens next month.

What age are you and do you have any other symptoms?

ngibbons

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »

Hi I'm 45 this year. Not sure about other symptoms. I wake up most nights and can't get back to sleep. I've been worried I could be pregnant even though I have the coil

Susannah

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:41:05 PM »

Hi, I'm no expert but if this is unusual for you, you should see your doctor. 
Get it checked for your own peace of mind.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:36:58 PM by Susannah »

ngibbons

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

Hi not sure if these are signs but I feel achy. A little pain in shoulders blades and run cage but not too painful thanks

nearly50

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »

Why don't you phone your doctor and see what they say? If it makes you feel any better I'm on day 16 of my period now, though it has just been spotting for quite a while now. Anything's normal in perimenopause but best to see the doctor to put your mind at rest, if you are concerned.

ngibbons

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 04:34:13 PM »

Thanks the thing im worried about most is that I could be pregnant. I looked up implatation bleeding but surely that wouldn't happen 1 week after my period ended

nearly50

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »

I don't have a clue about that I'm afraid - maybe you'd get better replies on a pregnancy forum on that one and get a pregnancy test to use when your period's due.