Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT and muscles, tendons and joints. Help or hindrance?  (Read 2811 times)

Kikie

HRT and muscles, tendons and joints. Help or hindrance?
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »

I'm having a lot of trouble with my tendons and joints these days (only 61). It is probably down to an ongoing adverse reaction to a medication I took over a year ago (caused tendonitis) but I just want to make sure I consider all possible causes. So..... does increasing your oestrogen and progesterone levels make connective tissues, muscles, tendons, joints etc weaker?

flutterby

Re: HRT and muscles, tendons and joints. Help or hindrance?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:26:13 PM »

Hi Kikie I would have thought that oestrogen would have a positive effect on muscles and therefore joints, muscles etc should be stronger. Since coming off HRT in September I've had pains and stiffness in my lower back and legs. I read that there are oestrogen receptors in muscles so this could be the cause of my aches. Flutterbyx

Kikie

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »

Thanks flutterby, that was my thinking too. :-)

flutterby

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »

On Monday I bought some magnesium tablets for leg pain and very distruptive sleep. Monday and Tuesday nights I had 8 hours each night waking up only once. Totally unheard of since I came off HRT. Last night back to a total of about 4 hours waking up virtually on the hour and aching a lot more.
I was told that magnesium is not absorbed well through the stomach so I went back and through the dazzling array of magnesium oils I got one for joints. Will let you know how I get on as like most things it was nice cheap. Husband won't be too pleased as it has oil of wintergreen in as well Flutterbyx

Kikie

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »

Thanks and good luck!

flutterby

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »

Bottom line Magnesium oil spray for legs seems pretty useless. Pain no better, sleep no better even with taking magnesium orally.
Last night - took magnesium orally during day with usual multi vitamin, total magnesium about 90% of daily requirement. Drank camomile tea before bed, took one paracetamol and rubbed a small amount of voltatrol into knees. Slept reasonably well hoping that same regime works tonight,
How are you feeling Kikie?
Flutterbyx