Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 3 pumps of oestrogel =128 pmol/L serum oestradiol level  (Read 15855 times)

murphydurf

Re: 3 pumps of oestrogel =128 pmol/L serum oestradiol level
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 03:05:33 PM »

Me too Tempest - we seem soooo far behind. The E cream sounds like a great idea as it sits in fat stores as our own E does, NOT in the outer layers of skin as our own E DOESNT!

How are you doing with Tibolone?

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm just dropping by to tell you that my oestradiol level tested Dec 2016 was < 5 pg/ml (< 18.3 pmol/l) which is below test sensitivity.  ::)

murphydurf

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »

Wow Menomale - why is it so low? You must feel wretched!

Mx

Tempest

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »

Blinkin' heck, Menomale!!!! Your poor  wee soul!!! What if anything are you using for HRT at the moment? Sending you massive hugs! Please know that we''re here to give you any support we can! xxxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »

Murph, the creams sound smashing don't they? Also options to have tri-est  and bi-est (combination of estrogens), as well as progesterone and testosterone in this medium. Bring on compounding, I say!! Over at Hystersisters, women have HUGE success with these. :)

Re:Tibolone - shhhhh....[[whispers]] ....I don't want to jinx anything...... ;) ;)

murphydurf

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »

Couldn't agree more Tempest - just sounds like a better fit as we'd be replacing ALL the E's and not just estradiol. Would be interested in cream delivery route too. I'm not at all surprised these ladies are having success. Good for them. Glad you're tibolone is behaving. Maybe this formula/delivery route is your ideal?

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 06:27:47 PM »

Hi again dear ladies,

Oh well, I only told you my ultra low oestradiol levels in order to stay on the op's track but if you want to know ALL my steroid hormones were low... Prog 0.17 ng/ml, Testo 16 ng/dl DHEA 0.8 ng/ml.

I'm trying the patches now Tempest. I was on the compounded (NOT recommended/licensed in UK) estradiol, estriol, progesterone cream but I was having local allergic reactions and I'm not very keen on using creams.... Asperger's trait. The patch (Estradot 25 µg) is not having effects so far (but there are other problems going on, so hard to say for sure) and I have not starting the Utro phase, so now just waiting to see what's going to happen. I guess next month will up to 50 µg, all trial and error really.

Isn't it ironic? My former gp is all pro compounded (NOT recommended/licendes in UK) and I'm making her mad right now  ;D

Here they have widespread use in all health/beauty areas and the medical boards are not so against it as in the UK but regarding menopause they are not fully recommended as well because hormones are dangerous, right? But testosterone for men is ok!  >:(

murphydurf

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »

Menomale - I would have thought that standard dose hormones which could be way too high/low for any individual would be more dangerous than something which is made to fit your needs?

Maybe your compounded was quite a bit higher in E than the patch which is quite low?

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »

In theory, yes, but in practice, the compounded (NOT recommended/licensed in UK) are not the subject of extensive trials and quality of product varies from pharma to pharma, etc, so you cannot be sure of what and how much you are taking, which is potentiallly dangerous.
On the other hand the so called regulated produtcs that are licensed in the UK and elsewhere for that matter (the ones produced and financed by the big pharma companies) are in theory more reliable because they were the subjtec of extensive trials and have been tested for quality, but in practice we all know that this is not a clean business where things are done according to laws and rules.
So in the end, it's all about trial and error, cost/benefit ratio and FREE CHOICE.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:28:53 PM by Menomale »

murphydurf

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 07:23:50 PM »

Yes, quite.

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 07:33:16 PM »

Answering your other question... I have no idea how to compare my previous regime of Estradiol 1mg, Estriol 2.5mg, Progesterone 50 mg cream (NOT recommended/licensed in UK) to the 25 µg patch 2x/week + Utro (7x /month..12x/month, alternate days, 3x/week... oral, vaginal (NOT licensed in UK)....)  ::)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:34:49 PM by Menomale »

Tempest

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 09:29:52 PM »

I get the whole thing about 'textures' with Asperger's, Menomale! I have a female friend with Asperger's who is the same. She can manage one type of hand cream - but all others feel really 'off' to her so I make sure I stock up as little gifts if I visit the Lush store (not sure if Lush has reached you in Brazil)?

Can I just also say that you have 'middle ground' when it comes to the Estradot too. There is a 37.5 patch available, which is good news! All other patches jump straight to 50, so this would be a gentle increase for you. Over at Hystersisters, they recommend that you increase by no more than 25% at a time to allow your body time to adjust - go low and go slow is their mantra for achieving hormonal balance and women over there have good success by following this. It's infuriating, sure - but it's also quite easy to dose into excess by even quite moderate increases.

I know Hystersisters is for ladies who have had hysterectomies, but there is a lot of  invaluable advice over there as they are much more 'clued up' on using HRT's it seems. A great guide over there is their 'too much, too little' guide which tells you the symptoms of having too much or too little of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Of course, you also have the 'wild card' of fluctuating hormones in perimenopause to deal with too! Hormonal balance makes much more sense when you're post menopausal of course, but hopefully you will find a way to ease yourself through with some relief. I'm really hoping so much for you, Menomale - I know that you're really having a tough time juggling so many things and I hope that we can at least be of some support to you. xxxxx

:bighug:

Menomale

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

Oh dear, I'm afraid no Lush nor 37.5 Estradot are available here  >:(

I'll have to jump into 50 or cut the patch (not my primary choice, too lazy to do it, and also may spoil the thing?)

I once registered on the Surmeno blog (because I wanted to see any info and pass it on to my sister who has gone into surgical menopause and does not speak English) and was kindly advised by Framboese that I was not allowed to be there...  ;D

Tempest

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 10:18:23 PM »

Well!!!! How awfully rude!!!!!! I've never really been a fan of the Surmeno site - there was some very obsessive 'advice' over there about transdermals that I thought was just bordering on the hysterical (excuse the unintended pun)! >:(

Damn! I was so hoping you could get the 37.5!!! You CAN cut them according to ladies here, but I know one of our member's recently had her levels drop a lot from doing this. Hurdity has never had a problem with cutting hers, though. Now, you DO know that you can get slightly more from your patch by wearing it on your behind? I'm not sure if you're actually doing this already? It can be up to 25% more, so if you are currently using it on your tummy as advised in the leaflet, it's fine to switch to your bottom to see if you get better dosage there. If we can help with any tips, we are always more than happy to!  :) xxxxx

Menomale

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »

That's fine, really, I found the episode hilarious...

I am wearing it on my bottom  ::) how  8) is that?

I'll try the 50 (already got them), but if I feel too bad, I'll cut 1/4.

I really appreciate all the info, advice and tips! It's a relief to talk to humans that actually know and feel what you are experiencing! Otherwise I'd rather just socialize with animals, so much easier to feel good without saying anything!

:hug:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5