Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Restless legs  (Read 21783 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Restless legs
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »

Never been officially diagnosed but my hubby has this. His kicking in the night is dramatic, thank goodness he's never kicked me but the duvet disappears to the end of the bed frequently. Solution for me? Separate beds!!

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 09:45:36 AM »

My  mum did suggest that but my dad looked at her as if she was asking for a divorce.  ;D

He did improve once it was found that he was anaemic.

Taz x

cubagirl

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »

Single beds, same room? That's what my folks did.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »

Nah, needs more than that cubagirl! Two kingsize beds, separate rooms. My snoring has to be considered as does his love of falling asleep listening to Radio 4 comedy programmes!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »

BANANAS!

babyjane

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »

I totally agree, mine have been much better since bananas but if we run out of them the RL comes back.  I think it is due to low potassium because nanas are high in P.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:18 PM »

That's what causes it for me, some have low magnesium.  Will try to catch up with the programme on the computer.

cubagirl

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »

ER  ;D ;D ;D

My hubby snores terribly, so I really can't be in same room as him. DIL used to hate sleeping over, before marrying. Nowadays, they'd rather drive home than stay over.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

Haha, he must be worse than me!!  ;) x

cubagirl

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »

I tried recording him one night, but playback made him sound like a purring pussycat, not the roaring lion I was hearing!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 09:19:48 PM »

:D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 11:03:05 PM »

Haha, so did he believe how bad he really is? I know how badly I snore but weirdly only when in migraine: it'll be interesting to see if it diminishes as the migs do. I never snored before peri. Blimey I hope it doesn't stop as I may have to sleep with my hubby again!!  :o

Sleeping with my hubby is like sleeping with a dog. You know how dogs run in their sleep? That's what he does, almost constantly. That's before he starts kicking out. It seems the kicking relates to his dreams which appear to have violent story lines, dogs biting him, attackers grappling with him. Course he blames it all on me  ::)

We have always had different sleeping habits: I'm a morning lark, he's a night owl. I'm a very light sleeper, he's like the living dead. I barely move in the night, he thrashes around all over the place. I sleep in total darkness and silence, he likes listening to the radio (on earphones) and laughs out loudly to comedy programmes just as I'm dozing. Our sleeping habits are totally incompatible.

Haha, I know we've had this conversation before. If you ladies ever discover the cure to this restless legs I'll certainly run it past him. He eats a banana everyday and a diet high in magnesium.

I have not slept as well since before I was married, it's total bliss now (aside of course from the flushes, adrenaline surges and loud snorts that wake me  ;) )

Ju Ju

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 06:42:41 AM »

My DHs feet chase mine! It can hurt! Added to his snoring and frequent visits to the loo and my menopausal insomnia, he does not make a good sleeping companion! The magnesium spray does help his restless legs. I can be heard with the cry, " Have you sprayed?"! And once, having attacked my feet and replying "No" to my cry, he turned over and went straight back to sleep. I went to get the spray, shook him vigorously awake. He got the message!

We do start the night together, then sometime during the night after one of his toilet excursions, he migrates to the spare room. I get the chance of better sleep. This works well most of the time, until we have visitors or go away. Then I make sure I'm kitted up with story tapes DH with his magnesium spray.

cubagirl

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 08:09:19 AM »

Ladies  ;D ;D ;D So pleased reading this & knowing I'm not alone with alternative sleeping arrangements!  Even with visitors I've been known to pitch up on the sofa, anything to get a few zzzzz's.  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »

[quote author=Elizabethrose link=topic=34583.msg568089#msg568089 date=1492038185

Haha, I know we've had this conversation before. If you ladies ever discover the cure to this restless legs I'll certainly run it past him. He eats a banana everyday and a diet high in magnesium.

I have not slept as well since before I was married, it's total bliss now (aside of course from the flushes, adrenaline surges and loud snorts that wake me  ;) )
[/quote]

Has he ever tried treatment ElizabethRose? There is information on the RLS site https://rls-uk.org/what-is-rls.

Taz x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7