Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Libido  (Read 1242 times)

Ginnyliz70

Libido
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:57:29 AM »

I need some help with this one.  I have no desire to have sex and I always really liked it, it feels weird and not pleasant having him inside of me and I have no feelings of pleasure anymore, i had a full hysterectomy over 3 years ago.  I don't want this part of my life to be over, I'm only 46!.. my confidence has plummeted, my body feels alien, help 😀

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Libido
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

Are you on HRT of any sort?

Taz2

Re: Libido
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »

Hi Ginnyliz - you may be able to get help with this from a sympathetic GP as you are young to be experiencing such a lack of desire. Sadly, it often happens as we get older but at 46 it is very upsetting I would think to be devoid of sexual feelings or pleasure. Do you get aroused or has that gone too?

It will be interesting to know if you are on HRT although, for me, HRT makes no difference to the way I feel sexually and doesn't help with either arousal or libido. I am in my sixties though. By full hysterectomy do you mean womb and cervix or womb cervix and ovaries? If you no longer have our ovaries then you really should be on HRT in order to protect your heart and bones.

Taz x  :hug: