Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Restless legs  (Read 21784 times)

cubagirl

Restless legs
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:19:49 PM »

I know many of you suffer with this, as do I. So I googled help for restless legs.

Among many suggestions these two had me smiling.

Have sex

Sleep in a soapy bed

Now the first, I can understand, but how the heck do you sleep on a soapy bed?  ;D ;D ;D

Menomale

Re: Restless legs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »

;D

I have the habit of placing soaps on the wardrobe where I keep my sheets and towels... the smell has a relaxing effect on me  ;)

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 10:36:45 AM »

That makes sense, but how do you sleep in a soapy bed without slipping & sliding out of it?  Of course maybe because you would be concentrating so hard on staying put, you'd forget about the restless legs.  ;D ;D ;D

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

Do you think it was a water bed, Cubagirl?  ;D

Menomale

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:33 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Have you tried it, cubagirl?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »

BANANAS!  4 me it's lack of potassium so 3/4 small bananas each day cured those sensations.  Or Nurofen an hour B4 bedtime if I feel symptoms coming on.  Why it happens at night I can't understand, I am aware of the pulling sensations all day but it begins as soon as I go to bed  >:(

For a few years I slept with 2 double blankets under my side of the mattress as I found that elevating the legs helped - of course I would roll over int he night and disturb Himself  ::)

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »

Actually, ladies, I found this about putting a bar of soap underneath your fitted sheet, so who knows!!

http://rls-restlesslegssyndrome.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/is-soap-treatment-for-restless-legs.html

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »

Sorry CLKD, now I'm singing Bananas in Pyjamas.  ;D ;D ;D I've upped my bananas, but not making a difference to me, glad it works for you though.

Well I never Jenna. ::) I've got a bar of posh soap in a drawer, might just take it out & give it a go. 

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »

I began eating bananas to keep blood sugar levels even, as part of the advice from NAPS.  After 5 nights I realised that the awful sensations had gone so I stuck with eating 3/4 small ones daily for 10 years - no problems but I got sick of bananas  ;D

Nurofen an hour B4 bed helps too.

cubagirl

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »

They've got to be just right too, not black , but speckled.  Hubby can't stand them like that, so when his get a bit too ripe I eat them.   ;)

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »

a banana a day has helped mine too.  I still get it occasionally but nothing like I used to.  It must be low potassium that causes it.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »

It doesn't matter for me what state the fruit is in, it's the potassium that is important, however, I HATE them black  :-X

Tempest

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »

Magnesium!!!! It's supposed to help immensely. Holland and Barrett do a good Magnesium spray as this absorbs better than oral methods. Magnesium is also excellent for anxiety. ;)

cubagirl

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »

I tried magnesium spray, the sting was worse than the restless legs. Going to go into town & see what H&B recommend next week.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 10:56:11 PM »

:-\. bananas  :-\  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7