Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New member - confused about iud  (Read 1242 times)

Gladys Bananas

New member - confused about iud
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »

Hi - I am 53, not sure where I am. I'm on my third mirena coil, so I really don't know if or when I had my last period. I still get 'ovary pain' about every four weeks and occasionally some spotting. My doctor put me on estradiol 2mg but I stopped taking them 2 months ago. I started having big anxiety and depression problems when I was still on them so I figured they weren't helping. Any thoughts?

Dancinggirl

Re: New member - confused about iud
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Gladys
 At your age oestrogen is probably what you need to help reduce and control the meno symptoms.  You are probably peri meno which means your oestrogen levels are fluctuating and causing this anxiety etc.  I have to say that 2mg estradiol was maybe too high to start with - ask for Oestrogel and use just one squirt per day on your inner thighs and only increase to 2 squirts if flushes and night sweats return. It's always good to start low. DG x

Hurdity

Re: New member - confused about iud
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:05:42 PM »

Hi again Gladys Bananas - I answered on your other thread and I see you have clarified what HRT you were given - it said something else I haven't heard of on your other thread! I agree that  2 mg sounds high to start with and especially as you don't know where you are in menopause. Also as I mentioned on other thread I agree re transdermal HRT - I use patches and I have always found them excellent - but it is a matter of preference ( re patches or gel).

Hurdity x