Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena and Evorel 50  (Read 3268 times)

Cathh3110

Mirena and Evorel 50
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »

Hi
I had the Mirena fitted on 7th December and also started on Evorel 50 patches. I have had a loss every day since!
It was mainly a brown colour but on 1st January it changed to red and heavy and was what I would call a "normal" period and is still ongoing.
Just wondered if this is normal, will it settle down or should I perhaps stop the patches?
Thanks in advance
Catherine

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena and Evorel 50
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »

Cath3110 - welcome to MM
It is quite normal to get some bleeding and spotting in the first few months after the Mirena has been fitted. You don't say how old you are or where you are in the menopause journey - it's sounds to me as though you are peri meno and possibly still got the occasional period before the Mirena was fitted?
HAve you checked that you can feel the little strings from the Mirena - very occasionally the Mirena can fall out?
Don't stop the patches - things should settle but if the bleeding becomes really heavy or doesn't reduce over the next week or two then you should pop to the GP to have things checked. I suspect the bleeding is just your body adjusting to the hormones.  Keep us posted. Dg x

Cathh3110

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »

Hi Sorry I am 53 yrs old and peri - I was still having very regular heavy periods with clots and I was very down, crying all of the time. I do feel better in myself and not crying, its like I am coming out of a fog.
Thanks for your reply, I haven't checked the threads but will do that tonight.
Catherine

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »

Cathh3110 - if you were having heavy bleeding before the Mirena was fitted then it will take a bit longer for this to settle - particularly as you are still peri. If after 6 months things haven't settled then that's when you need to seek advice.  The Mirena is often given to women who have problematic bleeding in peri meno, as it will often reduce and eventually stop the bleeding. Adding in the oestrogen will keep things in balance.  I'm sure things will gradually improve - try not to worry.  Good luck  Dg x

Dollydream

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »

Hi Catherine

I had the Mirena fitted the day before you and am using it with oestrogel, I'm 52 and had problematic bleeding with the last two HRT's which I've tried, so this is my third attempt.

Like you  I started a period after Christmas and am still having what I would call spotting, but on the plus side it is getting steadily lighter and some days I don't have any at all.  I remember when I started the mini pill years ago, I had a similar thing happen which went on for about 4 months, so I'm hopeful that this will be the same.  Glad you feel better in yourself.

DollyD x