Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling Flat on Mirena  (Read 7682 times)

Ljp

Re: Feeling Flat on Mirena
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

Hi ladies,
 I have had my Mirena for a year now as the progestogen part of my no bleed HRT. I'm post menopausal, and use 2 pumps estrogel daily.

From my experience, I very much think menopause is like puberty, whereby some months are ok, and some months our natural hormones ( or what's left of them) like to make themselves known.

I have months when I too feel really flat, not just a bit down, but total disinterest in anything, and paranoid thoughts that no one likes me etc etc., I have other times, like at the moment, lots of aches and pains and feeling old! 😟😟… what I find is, when I have times like that, if I increase my estrogel by half a pump, it can really help, I only do so for 3 or 4 days, and it seems to just see me through the crap days. It's not every month, just occasionally.

The way I see it is our hormones are always fluctuating, and sometimes we need to tweek things to help ourselves.

It's also easy to think of HRT as a cure all, and for me, it has made massive improvements to how I was, but the glitches still come now and again xx

Hope this helps 😊

SueLW

Re: Feeling Flat on Mirena
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »

I say stick with it.  It took me 6 months to get used to the Mirena when I had it back in the day for birth control.  I felt just as you describe for the first 2-3 months.  Flat, listless, disinterested.  But gradually my body got the hang of it.  So I guess that means it increased it's own oestrogen a bit.  I went back to the surgery after 3 months and said that it was making me bloated, flat and miserable and they asked me to give it 6 months before I made a decision to have it removed.  I'm glad I did that because it was fine by then and for the next 5 years I had no issues.
Pages: 1 [2]