Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Smelly fridge  (Read 9025 times)

Dorothy

Re: Smelly fridge
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »

I agree that if your fridge is old and you can't find any other sign of something that would cause a smell, then it's probably the electrics.  We've had two that stank like fish just before they died.

cubagirl

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »

If only it had been at floor level CLKD.

cubagirl

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »

Well new one ordered. What a price though!  Integrated fridges maybe make your kitchen look good, but oh my! Bank balance is in shock!!!  ;D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 01:53:00 PM »

Hot tip cubagirl.

We had 2 brand new integrated fridges break down months after having them fitted. It's really not too easy getting them in and out, even for experienced fitters. The door fittings vary with every model. The first time it happened my brand new kitchen was damaged. The second time I put masking tape along the edges of the cabinet where the fridge sits to stop the wood surrounding the appliance from being damaged again. It peels off easily afterwards.

Our new wooden floor was also damaged so put a rug down for them to lift onto.

cubagirl

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

We've used this company before.  They are very good & always a good bunch of workers.  However, I'll be sure to tape necessary areas & have a blanket ready too. Thanks.  After that we need to get the council to collect old fridge.  So that will be another £30 or so.  Oh goody, goody!  ::)

Scampi

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 12:56:05 PM »

Round us, all you have to do to get rid of an appliance is put in the in the front garden for an hour!  When we changed our tumble-drier, a guy came and asked us if he could take it away as we were carrying it out of the door!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 04:04:46 PM »

It's known as 'freecycle'  ;D but round here, unless it has an amount on it, it will stand around for days - put '£10.00' label on and it will be gone on the back of a truck within 10 mins.. 

cubagirl

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

Doubt anyone would want this. It's still just about managing to keep things cool. But the smell has hubby & I holding our breath when we open fridge.
Pages: 1 [2]