Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shoot me now!  (Read 6999 times)

bramble

Shoot me now!
« on: January 07, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »

But I have bought a pile of stuff for Christmas 2017! AM I mad or what? But I couldn't miss the sale!

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Shoot me now!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »

:rofl:  crikey, that's late  :o  ;D - we always did our C.mas shopping in the Jan. sales, when they really were sales!  None of this Boxing Day palaver, it was 1st Jan all elbows to the pump  :D

I would write labels for the gifts and put them into a box ....... then wrap them in Sept..

Anything for you in the packages?

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »

Wow, or should I say BANG!  Sorry  ;D

Good for you, don't think I could do that.  Christmas cards, wrapping paper is about all I can manage after Christmas. In fact if I could take my decorations down after Boxing Day, I would!  I've been told that's a tad Bah Humbug though  ;D So everything came down in stages until 2nd January!

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »

All I bought this year after Christmas was a box of crackers, one roll of paper and a box of cards.  Want to see spring/summer stuff now.

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:33 PM »

once Christmas is over, around 28th, I remove a few cards each day and spread out the rest until just the family cards are left.  Then the christmas ornaments go away one at a time, finally the tree comes down around 3rd with the remaining cards. 

bramble

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:10 PM »

Took all my stuff down yesterday as it was 12th night. Was looking online for something else and spotted some bargains. Couldn't resist.

Bramble

walking the dog

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 11:14:37 PM »

I take the lot down.on 27th to enable us to have Xmas free days before my sons birthday on 30th when we put up birthday banners balloons etc

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 03:50:43 PM »

We took the tree down last week but hubby only had time today to put it and all the boxes in the loft.  Every year he does this and says "we must have a good sort out in that loft"  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »

Every year I look at boxes with baubles forgotten about and decide that 'in September I must start making new decorations/wreaths'  ::) - maybe put a note onto our calendar?

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 09:30:45 PM »

I think it's sensible to buy things now if you know you will still like/need them by next Christmas - what's the point of spending full price in December when you can get them half price now?  It's not as if you are going to earn massive interest on the money by leaving it in your account for another 11 months!

I haven't bought anything in the sales this year as I am in a tiny house now, and no room for any more decorations. But in previous years, I have bought decorations in January, especially ones that would be too expensive at full price.  I have two of the Lemax ceramic houses reduced by 50%.  No way could I afford them at full price, but two years running, the Christmas money I was given covered the cost of them at half price, and I picked ones that aren't 'Christmassy' (i.e. no Christmas trees or door wreaths) so I can use them all winter.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »

I'll have to do a GOOGLE about those Dorothy!

Last year I bought baubles for 50p instead of a fiver  ;) - those can go into the garden on the trees

dulciana

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »

We demolished and got rid of our tree just before I went out to teach, this afternoon.  When I left, there were pine needles all over everywhere.  By the time I got back, Hubby had got rid of every last pine needle and had put all the lounge furniture back into its non-Christmas place.   :-*

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »

Does he clean windows ?  ;D

I looked Dorothy: I like: I would buy if I had more space ! do you buy the little people etc. too?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:02:31 PM by CLKD »

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 06:53:56 PM »

No, just the houses.  I can go into a little dreamworld, imagining myself down to their size and living in them!  The people don't look 'real' enough to me.  I bought one that was £20 reduced from £40 one year and another year, I got one that was £25 reduced from £50 - and as I had a reward card for the garden centre that sold them, I only paid about £15 each in 'real' money, so a real bargain! 

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 06:58:18 PM »

It would be nice to have a room, as men have their trains going round, to display them in! 
Pages: [1] 2