Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Stomach pain and burning  (Read 1836 times)

nearly50

Stomach pain and burning
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:41:53 PM »

I find I either have stomach pain or burning face/ear - never have the two at the same time. I can alternate between the two as the day goes on. Could it be that they are both caused by different hormonal imbalances?

Part of me thinks I should just accept symptoms as they come, rather than continually try to make sense of them!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stomach pain and burning
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Add to those weird sensations i.e. 'burning'  ::): it ain't called "the change" for nowt  ;)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »

Hi nearly50

Did the burning face start with the period or is it there all the time? I've found that my flushes are ever changing, they morph after an oestrogen drop which you would have had when you bled. As soon as my oestrogen drops it triggers the flushes. In the beginning they manifest themselves as just warmness on the face and chest: I'm very fair so I look red and my face feels like it's burning. The next ones feel like a tingling sensation crawling up my face. Then it's tingling and heat, then the full on surge of heat. They can build up to every 20 mins night and day but I've found recently that they vary day to day and are not so frequent. Could this face burning be your experience of flushes at the moment? Do you feel that your oestrogen has climbed yet - it may be that you're on a low?!

This peri malarkey makes little sense at times! xx

nearly50

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »

The burning face and neck (bizarrely only the right hand side) has been intermittent for the past couple of years, I must trawl through my diary and see if I can see a connection. I just find it strange that I never seem to have the burning and stomach pain at the same time.

I think oestrogen might still be low, period's just tapering off and I've had nightsweats the past couple of nights.

I think I should give up trying to make sense of it, won't change anything!