Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urethra inside irritation-any suggestions?  (Read 10766 times)

Sadiemoto

Re: Urethra inside irritation-any suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »

DG, thank you for your quick reply.

It helps to hear it was not a big deal and good idea.  I feel better about it. I was told there is some thrush in my vagina yesterday, so this could be the reason of flare up.

I have started reading The Burning Club posts from the beginning in search of good tips. Only on page 4, 23 pages to go. When they say burning urethra, is it the tip of urethra or inside of urethra they are talking about??

So far I picked up that multi-gyn actigel stops burning quite quickly. I will go to a pharmacy tomorrow to get it.

When I finish reading page 27 of The Burning Club, I will join it!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »

I started the thread - 'Burning club' - it was amazing how many women came forward with similar symptoms.  I would describe the burning as like having catheter made of sand paper - so really sore inside and around the external area.
If you did have some thrush present yesterday then this would certainly have caused some irritation and soreness.
You will probably have to get Multi Gyn Actigel online - it's rarely available in chemists unfortunately. You can simply insert some live natural yogurt up into your vagina, in the mean time, as this is a good traditional way of treating thrush!!!! ;D
Using vaginal moisturisers like SYLK will help to keep the vaginal flora healthy and this prevents BV and thrush from taking hold - BV and thrush can result int eh urethral burning. I believe that atrophy makes the skin more delicate generally around the whole urogenital area and therefore more susceptible to irritation and burning.  The Vagifem is also essential as this helps to maintain a healthy vaginal area. The Multi Gyn shouldn't really be used all the time as it can make things too acidic and cause more burning - just use when you know things are not quite in balance or possibly twice a week.  Do be aware that when using Multi Gyn it will burn a bit when first applied (internally and externally ) but this settles and becomes soothing after a few minutes - do read the instructions.
DG x

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »

You can buy the multigyn actigel (and flora plus which is a more liquid version for treating thrush) at larger boots stores. It is usually on a shelf with the moisturisers like Replens, next to all the condoms, the huge range of lubes and other bits and pieces you can buy in Boots these days - a huge change from the days when they kept the condoms on the chemist counter!  Canesten seem to have brought out a BV gel and there is also balance-active which are supposed to do something similar, but I have not tried these.

I usually feel like I have a wodge of dry, ****ly loo roll stuck around my urethra, but the most obvious symptom is sore scar tissue.  I also get swelling, which is a bit of a wrong-way-round symptom, one would think. ::)

Sadiemoto

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »

Successfully obtained Multigyn from Boots.  They had quite good selection of products on the shelf.  Already applied once.  Feels better but cannot tell yet if it is working.  The leaflet says I can use as often as I please, so thinking to apply three or four times a day until I feel better.

I also took urine sample to the doc's in case it is another infection. Ladies, how can you tell that your irritation of urethra is not infection?

Also started taking high dose of D mannose. It did not work for me previously but as I had some left I thought I should try this once more.  I do anything for the relief of this discomfort. D m was mentioned in the burning club but I have not come to the part if it was worked or not.

DG, you have done a great job starting The Burning Club.  I am reading page 9 now.  Lots of useful info. Only 18 pages to go!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »

When the burning starts, it is really difficult to know whether it's just the atrophy or an infection. If it's a UTI then the dip stick test can detect infection but often there will just be traces of blood. At one time, my urethra became so sore and inflamed I was peeing blood - when my urine was tested there wasn't any infection, so ABs weren't necessary.
I am sitting here, right now, and my urethra is burning a bit - I've just drunk a glass of water with bicarb, so I expect this burning will subside soon - it's about catching it early. When it starts to burn it could be the start of a slight infection which could be cleared easily by drinking lots of water.
Infections tend to start because bacteria from the anus creates a bacterial infection in and round the vagina and this will easily find it's way up the urethra.  This is why it's important to keep the vaginal flora in the right balance as bacteria is less likely to take hold. It's important to really clean well after opening the bowels.
Constant UTIs are very common in the elderly because the atrophy must be advanced.
I personally didn't find D Mannose worked but others swear by it.
Do squirt some of the Multi Gyn up inside as well as around the outside - this will really help to fight off any bacteria or thrush. 2-3 applications per day should be enough and once it feels better you can use it 2-3 times a week.  Dg x

Sadiemoto

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »

Thank you, DG.

One question:
Vagifem and Multigyn at the same time in vagina, it is OK?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »

Sadie - don't put the two in together - the Multi Gyn may reduce absorption of the Vagifem.  Insert the Vagifem and use Multi gyn around the outside but maybe push a little up inside with a finger. The Vagifem should be inserted quite deep into the vagina so a little Multi Gyn, about 2cm into the vagina, won't make a difference.
Hope things feel better in the morning.  DG x

Sadiemoto

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

Thank you DG.

Now I have finished reading all 27 pages of "The Burning Club" thread, I will join the club.
See you there!

Pages: 1 [2]