Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Just started low dosage HRT...how long before I start to see impact?  (Read 2605 times)

Noheroicsplease

Exactly that. I'm on mirena and gel. When does it start to work its magic? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just started low dosage HRT...how long before I start to see impact?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »

Eventually  ::) - the body hasn't got where it is in a hurry although it might feel that way, so give it time ;-)

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »

I get that it needs time, but i'm struggling with how much time? I've got no idea

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:05:49 PM »

When I first went on hrt I noticed a difference in the first week, I was put on a low dose and about 2-3 weeks in symptoms were returning so went higher and took symptoms away again x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »

Thanks Annie. What symptoms were you trying to diminish?

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:31:54 PM »

I was on sequential (Elleste duet).  I was an awful dithery mess for the first week, so cut down what I had to do and chilled out, and then ok.  Then the second month not so ok and the third month went to the doctor and got a different one. :)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »

I have a Mirena and use Oestrogel...within 3 days my palpitations,  that were really bothering me at night and had doing so for months disappeared. My VA took longer to improve, I think it was about 3 weeks.

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »

Thanks both.

I found the mirena really weird and made me feel sick for the first two days, but that's totally settled now. I'm on day 2 of oestrogen gel. I only use a pump 2 x day.

My symptoms are less physical, more emotional, so it's harder to gage as I wasn't always on the brink. I do feel a tad happier but that might just be placebo!

x

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »

Thanks Annie. What symptoms were you trying to diminish?

It was 18 years ago after my hysterectomy .... lots of symptoms but worst were severe night sweats, itching, fatigue, so long ago I can't remember but doc gave me a menopause leaflet and I had nearly every symptom bar Day flushes , once I'd got on good dose it eliminated every symptom for 13 years until I hit peri x

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 09:43:20 AM »

When I started patches nearly 10 years ago now - I began to notice a diminution in sweats and flushes within days. I didn't really experience emotional symptoms - well I did but didn't know they were due to menopause so thought they were down to stressful events and just dealt with them (lots of crying!). Those who are hoping for an improvement in emotional symptoms - I gather this can take longer - even up to several months. Hopefully you will gradually feel better and better as you have started to feel! It may be partly placebo but since the treatment has been proven to work through clinical trials then there is a good chance that the HRT will actually do something positive too! Placebo effect + HRT = happiness  ;D

Hurdity x :)

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »

Thanks both.

I found the mirena really weird and made me feel sick for the first two days, but that's totally settled now. I'm on day 2 of oestrogen gel. I only use a pump 2 x day.

My symptoms are less physical, more emotional, so it's harder to gage as I wasn't always on the brink. I do feel a tad happier but that might just be placebo!

x

Aw bless you back 18 years ago all my symptoms were physical so hrt cured them all.   13 years later hitting peri AND still on hrt they shifted to emotional, and I think nothing but testosterone has come close to helping (for me Tostran helps more than Testim) x