Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice on Elleste duet  (Read 3332 times)

renee

Advice on Elleste duet
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I'm back on HRT after being without it for a year. Iv been on Elleste Duet for 13 days now....initially I was doing ok, past 2 days I feel I'm back to square one!!

Feeling low, anxiety, bloating, vaginal dryness, extreme tiredness, sore joints, red eyes, dry skin etc...these symptoms I had for a month before re starting HRT, then within a few days of starting I starting feeling better but now Im not. I don't understand it!!

Any advice? I also have an under active thyroid and do become anaemic from time to time, I have a blood test booked for next week to check both.

Thanks xx
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:28:58 PM by renee »

Hurdity

Re: Advice on Elleste duet
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »

Hi renee

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling better and having a blip!

What dose of Elleste Duet are you on (1 mg or 2 mg) and is it conti or the type that gives a withdrawal bleed? Also  are you still peri-menopausal? If so then you will continue to feel up and down as your own hormones fluctuate. If you are on the conti version then - it may well be that your body needs to adjust to the norethisterone once more - or maybe you are reacting to it differently this time? Finally also any HRT takes a while to adjust to and oestrogen almost always gives some initial side effects which usually settle.

Glad to hear you are having blood tests - and dependent on your answers to the above - hang in there for a few weeks and see how you feel before deciding that it's not working this time. Also oral HRT has some sort of inteaction with thyroid meds so that the latter may need some adjustment until you attain the correct level - and the blood tests will tell you this. Hopefully your thyroid function will be checked regularly for the first few months?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:40:29 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for replying....Im on 1mg and will get a withdrawal bleed. Iv been peri for 5 years and have only had 4 bleeds this year.

1 day left on just the oestrogen white tab them Im onto the green which has both oestrogen and progesterone.

Iv also been getting some upper tummy pain which could be coming from my fibroids. I have a mass of fibroids and a thickening of the womb, that is how ut was described to me by my doctor. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »

:bounce:

kdee69

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »

Renee,

I would honestly say stick at it.
I took elleste duet 1mg and started in sep 2015, for the first 1-2 months I felt worse if anything - really pre-menstrual - irritable, angry and full of peri symptoms. About nearly 2 months in, I just felt "normal" again - not dancing in the streets, just normal and that was enough for me.
Then after 6 months (due to a benign lump) I had to come off for it 2 months. When I restarted, the first month was bloody AWFUL - my symptoms definitely felt worse. After a month, the "normalness" came back.
I think hearing that someone else felt like you do may help, I really believe there is a bedding in period