Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Need advice on changing from Elleste duet 1mg to Femoston 1/10  (Read 3806 times)

kdee69

Need advice on changing from Elleste duet 1mg to Femoston 1/10
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

Hi there,
It's really a two part question.

I've been on EDuet 1mg now for approx. 15months. My migraines are now dreadful so the doctor has suggested I change to Femoston which can be kinder. I'm 51 and peri.
My Peri symptoms have definitely become noticeable again over the last three months but not yet enough for me to want to increase the strength of tablet I take. So, I'm going to shift to Femoston and see how I go.

So the questions are these:
1. When I get to the end of my last green Eduet tablet, do I just start taking the Femoston?
2. And...and this slightly complicates things, my period starts 4 days before the end of my green tablets currently. I'm wondering, when the period starts, should I ditch the last green tablets at that point and go onto the Femoston?

My period used to be right at the end of my last green but I needed to have a 2 month break from the HRT about 9 months ago (I won't bore you) and when I restarted I didn't quite get the timing of my periods right.

Any advice would be great.

dahliagirl

Re: Need advice on changing from Elleste duet 1mg to Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

I have found that my period comes earlier on Femoston (usually about the last pill or two) than it did on Elleste,(3 days after the last progestoge/oestrogen pill)  so I would just start the Femoston when you have finished the last pill from the Elleste as usual.

I messed up my changeover by ditching the Elleste partway through the green pills because it was making my aches and pains so much worse (was told I shouldn't have done that  :-\ ).  So I waited until the next bleed and took it from there.

kdee69

Re: Need advice on changing from Elleste duet 1mg to Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:04:19 PM »

I have found that my period comes earlier on Femoston (usually about the last pill or two) than it did on Elleste,(3 days after the last progestoge/oestrogen pill)  so I would just start the Femoston when you have finished the last pill from the Elleste as usual.

I messed up my changeover by ditching the Elleste partway through the green pills because it was making my aches and pains so much worse (was told I shouldn't have done that  :-\ ).  So I waited until the next bleed and took it from there.
Thank you so much for this - that is what I shall do :)