Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: navel  (Read 2453 times)

losttheplot

navel
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »

Seems so rediculious, but for the past year on & off I've had problems with belly pains. Or more precisely,  pains centered around my naval. It doesn't hurt at all when i touch it, but a few hours in jeans and its murder! I thought at one time i might have a little fungal thing going on, and it looked a little red so i used canestan. I had my gall bladder removed about 5 years ago & its always been a bit sensitive after that (they go through the naval). But this seems different,  a tugging and sometimes odd little pains shooting across my tummy. I know there's nothing ' going on' as i had a CT scan 6 months ago (& i was already having 'jeans problems'.)
I get other odd pains, one under my left ribs, and cramps-which is why i gad the ct scan. Is this jyst ageing do you think?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: navel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »

Adhesions?

losttheplot

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:08:36 PM »

Oh well, at least I'm not alone, thanks sparkle. Its the most odd feeling sometimes, at the moment i feel i could pull a thread out of there....and it would keep coming  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »

:o - tweezers to the ready then, 'photos.?  :o

wombat62

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:25:19 AM »

Hi

I had my gb out earlier in the year and every now and again I get a little tug in that area, especially if I'm a bit bloated. Must be scar tissue causing the problems?

Also when I do tummy exercises at the gym I still can get a little twinge on the left side when doing twists, so again it must be from the op!

wombat62

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »

They're fine until the hormones start messing around!

I don't know if you remember but my gb had attached itself to the duodenum and my doc said it builds up a tissue between the organs which is why she thinks my pain was worse. So you may have the same when one item moves then it's having an affect on the other one?

It's a bit weird when you think they drag the gb through the body and out through the navel! Probably best not to lol....

losttheplot

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

Im going to try to lose a little weight,  in the hope that might help  :-\ i am about half a stone over weight. Im sure improving my core strength aka stomach muscles would help, but thats a big ask as ive never had a flat stomach. ..or a six-pack come to think if it  ;D o
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:24:13 PM by losttheplot »

Melly

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:30:27 AM »

I just wanted to add when I had my exploding appendix removed 3 years ago, the wound site at my navel abcessed & I ended up needing a second surgery which has caused me to have complaints similar to yours, LTP. 

I've been told it's the adhesions that have formed that cause the pulling sensation you noted, Sparkle,
and it is definitely worse when the bloat sets in!  I never knew my abdomenal area would have a dramatic effect on my health the older I became!

Melly

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 02:52:58 AM »

Haha Sparkle, how right you are!!    ;D

As much as I dislike those odd pulling sensations or uncomfortable feeling under the left rib, it is comforting to know others who've had some type of "abdominal disruption" also have them.  It helps to stop my mind from going mental & worrying about the worst.  I can ratchet up to stage 100 worry in record time.  (I'm not proud of that, mind) Thanks ladies!