Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopause and shaking  (Read 10241 times)

maxplus4

Menopause and shaking
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »

Hi all, This is my first post, and as a newly-peri-menopausal, newly on HRT woman of 51, I could do with all the help I can get. I am on HRT because I had a shedload of symptoms. Everything you could imagine barring the more typical hot flushes, so its been a bit of a pig to diagnose. I am having an endoscopy on 16th Jan just to make sure nothing more sinister than a bit of acid reflux is going on. In the meantime, I was hoping someone could tell me whether you have experienced symptoms of shaking? Mostly, for me, its a bit of the jelly legs and slight tremor to the hands. Sometimes, though, it can be full-on shaking, like flu shivers. Is this another one of my abnormalities, or has anyone else experienced similar things?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause and shaking
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »

Yep.  Some medications can cause tremors.  When I had Tamoxifen I suffered with cold flushes and felt as though I had 'flu  :-\  :'(

Are you eating enough, as low blood sugar can cause shakes too.  Keep well hydrated.   :welcomemm:  browse round, make notes!

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »

Hello maxplus4 and welcome to the forum.

Many of us ladies experience  different versions of trembling, shaking, quivering...you get the picture lol. I always refer to them as the jitters which makes them sound fairly innocent but actually they frighten me and add to my panic. Mine are all internal and feel localised in my tummy/ bowel region. There is a view that they are caused by excess adrenaline which can dominate because our sex hormones are on the blink.

Some more knowledgeable ladies will be along soon to advise you but in the meantime take care and keep posting.

K.

maxplus4

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »

Thanks very much for responding so quickly. Its reassuring to know that I'm not alone, as this is definitely the most scared I've been about my health in my life. So many symptoms, it's hard to keep believing that all of this could be caused by something so natural as the menopause coming on. What a design flaw!

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »

Yep - me too experience flu type shivers or low blood sugar weakness shakes. Also just to add at 50 suffered GI problems with acid reflux daily (stopped when I started HRT)

Such a nightmare this meno journey :(

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »

"Design Flaw" - you'll fit right in here  ;)

How do you feel this morning, we have a thread about that too  ::) [how are you today]