Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Christmas Weight Gain!  (Read 11830 times)

Hurdity

Christmas Weight Gain!
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »

Have you put on much weight over Christmas - or is this just too depressing for words?!!

If you don't give too hoots then please ignore - you'll think we're all crackers - but I weigh myself regularly and have to work really hard to keep my weight stable - but I don't deny myself treats and if I go on holiday, out for meals or at Christmas - I ignore it all and eat and drink and be merry to my heart's content.

However - in one week I have put on 4 pounds! Gone from 8.12 (my now normal slim weight and where I am happy) to 9.2 with an increase in my middle roll  ::). As I'm 5ft 1 ins,  I have to be careful but I don't look fat yet!  That is what happens if I take my eye off the ball for even a short while. Also all my classes have stopped since mid December so I'm slowly going to flab - roll on next week when they start again - but we still have so much food to eat and I was given soooo much chocolate !!!

I'm also going to do my usual dry January - at least after the end of Christmas - and we still have 4 days left!

Now then own up girls.....!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Christmas Weight Gain!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 05:56:42 PM »

;D - nope ……….. I don't drink, nor do I eat anything 'extra' - I manage to spread out chocolates as a 'pudding' : 1 each mid-evening: and eat my 'normal' amount. 

When I did go up to over 9st it took me 14 months of daily walking to shift it back to below 8  ::)

nearly50

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:05:48 PM »

I'm over 8 stone which is too big for me so I won't eat any rubbish for a good while. Weight only goes to my stomach, I'd be fine with being bigger if it was evenly distributed. I gave all remaining chocolate and biscuits to the food bank,  went on a 3 hour walk today and will be back to normal soon. Don't feel well when I eat junk but seem to have no stop mechanism any more and I hate how uncomfortable my bloated stomach is.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

Have you put on much weight over Christmas - or is this just too depressing for words?!!

If you don't give too hoots then please ignore - you'll think we're all crackers - but I weigh myself regularly and have to work really hard to keep my weight stable - but I don't deny myself treats and if I go on holiday, out for meals or at Christmas - I ignore it all and eat and drink and be merry to my heart's content.

However - in one week I have put on 4 pounds! Gone from 8.12 (my now normal slim weight and where I am happy) to 9.2 with an increase in my middle roll  ::). As I'm 5ft 1 ins,  I have to be careful but I don't look fat yet!  That is what happens if I take my eye off the ball for even a short while. Also all my classes have stopped since mid December so I'm slowly going to flab - roll on next week when they start again - but we still have so much food to eat and I was given soooo much chocolate !!!

I'm also going to do my usual dry January - at least after the end of Christmas - and we still have 4 days left!

Now then own up girls.....!

Hurdity x
I didn't weigh myself just before so can't be sure. However I have decided to lose a bit. Have managed to do 3 walks and a swim during December. Wanted to go on another walk tomorrow but have to visit Dad. However I will try and keep it up. I was going to have baked potato with tuna, cottage cheese and celery tonight but have realised that I need to eat something else before it goes off.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »

I'm over 8 stone which is too big for me so I won't eat any rubbish for a good while. Weight only goes to my stomach, I'd be fine with being bigger if it was evenly distributed. I gave all remaining chocolate and biscuits to the food bank,  went on a 3 hour walk today and will be back to normal soon. Don't feel well when I eat junk but seem to have no stop mechanism any more and I hate how uncomfortable my bloated stomach is.
8 stone doesn't sound big at all (unless you are short/slight build)! It would be rather underweight for me.

nearly50

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »

8 stone doesn't sound big at all (unless you are short/slight build)! It would be rather underweight for me.

It is big for me, I'm tiny and none of my clothes fit as the extra 3lbs or so has accumulated solely round my waist.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »

Do you need tuna and cottage cheese in one meal  :-\

When Mum was growing up a tin of tuna was a treat, so would be used along with salad.  When I went to a meal with M in L she used cauliflower cheese as well as other veg. with the meat, whereas in our family cauliflower cheese was the main meal.  Maybe re-think what mixes you use - do you need two proteins at once?

We have this evening eaten oven-baked spuds, I put a lot of black pepper and butter on mine with a dollop of home-made bean chutney on the side.  Stuffed  ::).  I might have put heated baked beans on instead. 

M in L would cook a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce and serve on hot buttered toast ….. very filling.

nearly50

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 07:24:46 PM »

I had such a craving for beetroot today so had a big salad with that, feta cheese and olives. Yum, feel so much better eating that than the rubbish I've been inhaling.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »

I LOVE beetroot - we grow it or buy it ready cooked.  A beetroot sandwich YUMMY!  Do you use it as a hot veg., it was years B4 I realised some people eat it hot as we always had it cooked, cooled and in vinegar  ::)

nearly50

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 07:29:04 PM »

I just like it cold in a salad. My brother used to make a beetroot sandwich when he came home drunk and one morning screamed the place down as he thought he was bleeding to death but had actually just spilled the beetroot  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »

;D …… also, one tends to pee pink  :o  :-X

Dana

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »

I get it Hurdity. I'm normally pretty good and haven't really gained any weight over the holidays, but I did allow myself a blow out around NYE and boy that was a mistake! I can't believe I could gain over 3 pounds in just a couple of days. I have lost quite a bit of weight in the last year, so this has just proved that I can never become complacent. Just have to step back on that bandwagon.

**edit**  PS - just weighed myself and thankfully about 2 pounds have already gone. PHEW. Usually sudden weight gain like that really isn't "fat" and will "pass"....lol....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:11:30 PM by Dana »

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »

Do you need tuna and cottage cheese in one meal  :-\

When Mum was growing up a tin of tuna was a treat, so would be used along with salad.  When I went to a meal with M in L she used cauliflower cheese as well as other veg. with the meat, whereas in our family cauliflower cheese was the main meal.  Maybe re-think what mixes you use - do you need two proteins at once?

We have this evening eaten oven-baked spuds, I put a lot of black pepper and butter on mine with a dollop of home-made bean chutney on the side.  Stuffed  ::).  I might have put heated baked beans on instead. 

M in L would cook a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce and serve on hot buttered toast ….. very filling.
I wouldn't eat the whole tin in one meal! Part of it would go towards sandwiches for work the next day. It is a suggested recipe from a BBC good food book on low fat dishes with a combination of flavours. i am trying it for the first time. If I do cauliflower cheese, it is the main meal.

cubagirl

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 10:10:27 PM »

Diets then ladies?  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »

Nope.  As a recovering anorexic I eat what I fancy when I fancy ……… exercise is important as part of a regulated programme of eating ……… (looks at treadmill) …….. I can go along with foods for while, i.e. cheese, then eat so much I can't face it for months  ::)

Did someone mention home-made cheese-cake  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3