Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Christmas Weight Gain!  (Read 11828 times)

babyjane

Re: Christmas Weight Gain!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 10:07:23 AM »

It's not weight gain that's my issue but I have digestive issues that flare up if I have too much fatty or rich food, which I did of course, coupled with stress bingeing when our son caused family upset  :(

As a result my stomach is painful and sore from the excess acid so I am on a semi detox, very plain, for a few days to bring it back in line supported by Rennie's.  I never learn.

All the best for your individual new year eating plans ladies  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

Christmas Weight Gain? Oh yes that's me!

Always been a really skinny bird, aside from pregnancy, Pizotifen, and HRT, but the past 2 months I've seen a sudden change. I've never owned scales but my Levis tell a story!

I'm going on the attack now, low starchy carbs and cutting out all snacking (woe is me, what to do with my Christmas boxes of Hotel Chocolate?!  :o)

Trying to squeeze my protruding abdomen into my jeans was a complete education this morning. Does anyone have a shoe horn?! x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »

Haha, thanks Hasty that's put a smile on my face! xx

cubagirl

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »

I remember my friend giving me that tip after I had our daughter.  Still can't wear jeans that tight! In fact I've never felt comfortable in tight fitting clothes.  I used to be skinny enough too, but still preferred clothes to be easy.

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 12:41:31 PM »

I have always bought knickers and leggings a size too big because I don't like tightness round my bits  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 12:42:05 PM »

That's the problem cubagirl............they are usually easy!! Totally naffed off, husband is as slim as ever!

Just off to make my salad, bleugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »

Haha, love this site, it never fails to bring a smile to my face! You are a natural born comedian Sparkle! xx

My salad was delicious..........not!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »

:rofl:

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »

I love salad - but not so much at this time of year (however avocado, orange and black olive salad with lemon and garlic dressing is delicious!) - and you don't need just salads to get slim! Cut those carbs and you can eat delicious food :) - tuna and cottage cheese all the way ....  :o err - maybe not for me - not my favourite foods but I do add cottage cheese to my (home-made usually) soup instead of yogurt sometimes (depending on the soup!). Also low fat high protein and fewer carbs is a good combo! Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast (without toast)?

Diets cubagirl? I will be back to my permanent one (that I bang on about) just as soon as Christmas is over.....

Anyway I was 2 pounds less this morning so maybe it wasn't actual weight gain after all - after all that  ;D

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »

I find that electronic  scales fluctuate  so much that I can never be sure of their accuracy.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »

Cottage cheese? Over my dead rotting corpse!! I'd rather be Miss Piggy, I'd rather eat Miss Piggy!  ;D

Made a delicious bouillabaisse tonight and added some spelt instead of mopping up with bread - worked very well. If I have to cut back I shall only eat foods I love.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »

It does depend on where the scales are placed B4 1 stands on them  ;)

Slow transit makes me feel fat  :-X

dulciana

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »

I know I've put on weight over Christmas but I haven't had time or energy to diet/re-start yoga/go for healthy walks yet.  I can, I will, I must.  Honest.   ;)

When my brother was about nine, my grandfather was visiting us.  He nipped in behind my brother, who had gone into the bathroom to weigh himself (he was rather chubby).  Unseen, Grandpa stuck his foot out to the scales 'dial and turned it - result: my brother thought he was a whole lot heavier than he actually was!   Poor brother.  Naughty Grandpa!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:53:03 PM by dulciana »

cubagirl

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »

I started with all good intentions a year ago. Son was getting married, needed to fit outfit.  I managed the outfit with help from scaffolding! 😂 Weight stayed much the same. This year's incentive is our 40th anniversary & we want to go to somewhere nice, with a nice hotel & beach. I've even ordered new swimsuit for the occasion in the sales. Fingers crossed!  ;)

Scampi

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »

I joined Slimming World in October (I have a LOT of weight to lose) - I went for my post-Christmas weigh-in having eaten what I fancied on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (rather than sticking to the plan).  I was ready for a gain - draw a line under the season and get on track again ... and I'd LOST 3lbs!  However, I also 'fell off the wagon' on New Year's Day (no alcohol - chocolates, shortbread and proper toast!!) so I don't think the scales will be so kind this week!!

But, I'm back on plan now, so onwards and downwards!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3