Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How are you spending New Years Eve?  (Read 6231 times)

Cazikins

How are you spending New Years Eve?
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:43:21 PM »

Off to the local for me & hubby.....

Dorothy

Re: How are you spending New Years Eve?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »

Like any other evening.  I'll probably be in bed well before midnight, though I might crawl out again if any of the fireworks are worth watching from my window!

coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »

Another early night I imagine - never bothered much with NYE for last few years and being on chemo has put paid to spending time in crowded bars. May dig out a favourite film and watch that .
Anyway wishing everyone a happy NY wherever and whatever they are doing tonight xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »

Well.... OH wants to stay in as he hates anything celebratory but he's agreed to give me a lift to the pub and pick me up later.. sorted!

Taz  x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:50:45 PM »

Happy new year forum members !

We're in tonight, I've still got the chesty heavy cold

I feel sad in a way remembering our NYE nights out having a whale of a time.... maybe next year xx

Cazikins

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »

Well.... OH wants to stay in as he hates anything celebratory but he's agreed to give me a lift to the pub and pick me up later.. sorted!

Taz  x

Result then Taz  ;D ;D

I prefer NYE to Christmas time. For me it is a time when I can let my hair down without worrying about what people think of me.

Enjoy your film coldethyl, (sorry about you being on chemo).

All the very best for the new year to all that are not feeling 100% at the moment.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

Hello ladies.

Every year when we've been watching Jools Holland my husband makes a remark about how other people are out enjoying themselves and we are indoors watching the TV. Well this year we have been invited to a party but due to his painful hip and my anxiety we won't be going.

The number of organised events that are laid on at this time makes me think that most people don't have parties to go to anyway, even Prince's Street in Edinburgh is ticket only.  I remember loitering around Trafalgar Square and trying not to get thrown in the fountains but you made your own entertainment in those days!

Take care all and happy New year everyone.

K.

nearly50

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »

Watching Lord of the Rings for the zillionth time. Everyone thinks life was best when they were young, but Hogmanay in Edinburgh used to be great in the 80s, everyone went to the Tron and it was such a laugh. Used to be weird being flung out of all the pubs before the bells though! Remember wandering the streets looking for parties to gatecrash.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 07:43:34 PM »

Quietly for me this year!

Happy New Year to you all, may 2017 bring good health and happiness.  :party:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 07:54:02 PM »

Quietly - except for my gut which is rolling  :-\

dulciana

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 08:03:25 PM »

Probably/possibly watching the Hogmanay programmes on TV by myself, as Hubby will have gone to bed, he being full of lurgy.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 08:20:41 PM »

I've felt so stressed and drained that I just fancy a nice quiet night in. Daughter is here with boyfriend. Son has gone out.  Hubby has gone to check the horses. 

I cooked us all a meal at 6 ... nothing exciting mash, sausages, fried egg and pickles.  I also heated a big tray of sausage rolls and Thai prawn bites for later on.  We usually go somewhere on NYE or have a few neighbours round but it was here before I knew it.

I just rang my aunt to see how my uncle is. He is 88 and in a care home and has dementia. She has been told to expect the worst.  It's very sad to think that while most of the country will be celebrating tonight, all over the country there will be similar events unfolding behind closed doors and in our hospitals.

Can I just thank everybody on here for their huge support and advice regarding my poor Mum and also wish everybody on here a very happy new year. Xx

Cazikins

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »

We didn't go out in the end as friends called off with colds - then hubby says he wasn't too bothered to go out either.

Watched Alan Carr in the end  ;D

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
 :ola: :stretcher: