Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: seeing things at night  (Read 2121 times)

am#

seeing things at night
« on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:35 PM »

Hi just wondering if anyone else has had this happen , in the summer it happened a few times then this past week nearly every night , it's not hot flushes at night or night sweats, when i'm asleep i suddenly sit up in bed with eyes open and i say i can see things in the bedroom that are not there , one night my teenagers even came in to see what was going on and i spoke to then but i don't remember any of it , another night i did the same thing but i could see yellow triangles flashing along the wall , my partner just tells me everythings ok and to go back to sleep and thats what i do , that was in the summer and this week 3 nights i have done similar things last night i could see a drone flying towards me , and another night christmas decorations floating round the room , i feel fine i'm not distressed about anything  i think it's quite funny but am becoming abit alarmed if its going to be every night!!

Is it just that i'm ready for the looney bin !!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: seeing things at night
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 07:42:04 PM »

Join me there then?  Sometimes those moments at the end of a dream and waking, the brain gets 'caught' between both  ::)

nearly50

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »

That sounds quite scary. I have vivid dreams which I think are real for a few seconds when I wake up, but haven't had anything like that. You could maybe keep a diary and see if it ties in with hormonal changes?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »

sam# - one of my sons used to have this when young - I understood them to be night terrors - even when there wasn't anything necessarily terrifying happening. He used to wake up and see all sorts of things and be wide awake - sometimes he was scared by them - but remembered nothing in the morning. If you don't remember any of these occurrences it could be something like this - sleep hallucinations - there is a lot of information on the web about this. There are all sorts of possible triggers so have a look around. Did you suffer anything like this as a child? Sometimes it is associated with migraine too.

Hurdity x

Megamind

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »

I must have misread the original post as now after reading what Hurdity says, it seems like you don't remember and are going by what you are told? If this is the case then yes, these are night terrors. My children had them but outgrew them in early childhood  but my husband still gets them but can remember none of it when i tell him. He gets them when he's over tired.

am#

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »

I can remember some parts of the  episodes (not happened again now for a few days)i remember seeing the things fly about but can't remember sitting up in bed or being spoken to , but in the summer when my teenagers came in i can't recall atall they said i looked frightened and rolled into fetal position i did answer them when they spoke to me but can't remember any of it , i'm just wondering if i has been the stress of christmas , episode in summer could of been work stress related. Will read up on what you mentioned it could be Megamind xx