Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: missed period on femoston  (Read 4829 times)

riverrunsfree

missed period on femoston
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:06:04 AM »

Just wondered..I am peri and on the sequential form of Femoston 1/10.Have now skipped on period entirely and looks like I am going to miss a second. Is this normal? xxx :D :D

Hurdity

Re: missed period on femoston
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »

A proportion of women do not bleed on sequential HRT - if you look at the info on this site it says so here:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

"All the above cause a monthly bleed in 85% of patients."

You may well be one of the 15 %. Also depends where you are in menopause too - less likely to have a bleed the further towards menopause as most months you will not be producing your own oestrogen/prog due to lack of ovulation so you will be getting most of your additional hormones from the HRT. Femoston 1/10 is also classed as low dose.

Hurdity x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:29:40 PM »

thank you Hurdity! I shall relax. Much appreciated xxx :)

Springer

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:29:55 AM »

Hi riverrunsfree, same here. Been on it since mid October, no period. Going back to GP in new year for review.

Hope you're doing well on it.

As I mainly took it for psychological symptoms, it's tricky to judge how well it has worked - with a lot else going on too! Hot flushes have definitely lessened but they weren't a significant concern.

Best Wishes
s

riverrunsfree

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »

Thank you Springer. Good to know this is not unusual. Have been on it since September and physically and mentally it has brought me back to life. Uncontrollable periods/ anemia/panic attacks and insomnia had destroyed my quality of life. Went from happy person to totally bleak.  I would never have considered HRT before but it has been a blessing. Hope you do well on it xx