Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Will HRT help with the tiredness?  (Read 3076 times)

Noheroicsplease

Will HRT help with the tiredness?
« on: December 30, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

I start HRT on Tuesday. The coil and oestrogen gel.

Will it help me feel less tired? I feel sooooo tired a lot of the time. Like I really can't be assed with life. Not the perfect feeling for parenting young children...

cubagirl

Re: Will HRT help with the tiredness?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

I wish you well with it. Have to say I'm still tired. I'm on oestrogen only though, so maybe you'll have better luck.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »

Oestrogen alone didn't help my tiredness either, testosterone has helped a bit but not as much as I was expecting

But we're all different and it could help you hopefully x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »

HRT can help with fatigue.  However, adopting good lifetstyle choices will be the most help.  If you have young children then life can be particularly stressful and tiring - finding time to relax, get enough sleep and look after yourself can be difficult. Do look at your diet - are you getting enough of all the right nutrients in the right balance?  ARe you getting some good exercise e.g. brisk walking?   Do you get enough sleep? It's about getting the balance right.  HRT may help you sleep better.  It might help your mood lift a little.  It can improve muscle tone. I found the combination you are trying quite good - it did enable me to cope with life better but it also triggered me to re evaluate  my life generally and this was good.  Put yourself first a bit more.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »

Have you had blood tests re your tiredness to determine if other factors are causing this eg low iron or low thyroid function? Otherwise HRT generally has a mood lifting and energising effect if oestrogen is at the right dose so I am sure you should feel the benefits soon - and also depending on what your other symptoms are? If blood tests show all is well then try this for a few months before  thinking about something like testosterone - which declines fairly steadily with age and not all women need to supplement with this. Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x