Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Mad, Mad Menopause.......  (Read 4682 times)

Kathleen

Re: The Mad, Mad Menopause.......
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

Such an interesting thread. I agree that the power of hormones is awe inspiring.

I suppose the big question is why do some women suffer so much and others not at all. It doesn't seem to be related to weight as all shapes and sizes seem to be represented here. How about diet? Do vegetarians have an easier time of it? There are some women who have experienced emotional problems prior to the menopause but many here say that these issues only occurred during times of hormonal upheaval. I truly hope that some day the whole mechanism will be completely understood and future generations will be better cared for.

Wishing you all well and sending hugs.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »

Just to add I've NEVER suffered pmt, and only PND on 1 of my 4 births, my problems are during big hormonal upheavals not the monthly cycle type x

Tempest

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »

Me too, Annie! Had PND with my son (it was bad - also lost a LOT of hair after the birth), perimenopause  was a nightmare and now after losing my ovaries things have REALLY gone caput! :o

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »

Me too, Annie! Had PND with my son (it was bad - also lost a LOT of hair after the birth), perimenopause  was a nightmare and now after losing my ovaries things have REALLY gone caput! :o

I don't recall ever losing hair after the births (mind you those were the BIG perm days) although I must've lost some at least OR nature thought they'd save all the births hairloss ready for me during meno ! Xx

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »

I lost it at both temples! It was hideous. I remember having to do mad comb over thingys when I was having the new mum photos taken. It took over a year to grow back - and funnily enough, started resolving at the same time as the PND lifted so it's obvious it was due to a drop in estrogen! Makes me think that they should be treating new mum's with with ERT instead of antidepressants....... :o

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »

I lost it at both temples! It was hideous. I remember having to do mad comb over thingys when I was having the new mum photos taken. It took over a year to grow back - and funnily enough, started resolving at the same time as the PND lifted so it's obvious it was due to a drop in estrogen! Makes me think that they should be treating new mum's with with ERT instead of antidepressants....... :o

I've said that for years Tempest.  There's a reason for PND.... lack of hormones ! So why on earth do they prescribe ADs?

My daughters 3rd baby is 10months and her hairloss was at the temples, she's now got tufts each side where it's growing back, she keeps moaning about it and I remind her that I'd give anything for some tufts lol x

Tempest

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »

I had the tufts too - they looked like mad horns!! ;) I'm feeling hopeful that if you try the gel, you may see some improvement. Seriously!!! I think the gel is better for the hair and skin than the patches - after my stint on the patches, my skin had definitely gone downhill. Every little helps as they say....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I think you'd like it. :) :D

Annie0710

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »

I'm hoping it works. I'll keep you updated, just hope there's nothing in it that sets of an allergic reaction with me too ! Most evenings I take an antihistamine over something I've come into contact with !

I reckon I have more hrt than Lloyds pharmacy right now lol x

Tempest

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 11:37:33 PM »

Erm.....I'm stacking them a wee bit too here, Annie! :D

I think I just had a bit of weirdness going on there for a while. I think you should be fine! The base is pretty inert for the Estrogel and you're fine with estradiol as most people are, so all should be good! The only one I've been told to watch out for is the Sandrena as it contains propylene glycol (which is ironic, as I actually vape the stuff no problems)!  ;)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you get better absorbtion from this, and may even get away with 2 pumps after you've built up your levels a bit. The patches were very 'boom and bust' for me. Huge surge day 1, and petered out to nothing by day 3. No wonder I was going bonkers! I think it was Mary G who said she sucks the gel up like a sponge, and as I said before I know Dancinggirl got amazing levels on just 2 pumps (she was eventually able to go down to just 1 pump). I also had almost total insomnia on the patches - it was unreal!!!  :o

Pages: 1 [2]