Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Despair!  (Read 4764 times)

cjmca

Re: Despair!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »

Thanks all.  Maryjane - could I ask what symptoms of PN you have?  I have found a lot of my symptoms have calmed down, I remember the days when lying on my stomach was next to impossible, the pain from my bladder was so bad I think it was spasming as I felt the pain right up to my belly button. This disappeared to a large extent before I had the block done, as did the horrid bladder pain I had when lying on my side.

I feel now that I have more pain in my urethra than I do my bladder, externally it stings to the touch and I thought Ovestin was gonna burn my bits off!  I don't really have any other symptoms other than that.  My ladies health physio poked and prodded up in there and I didn't react to any trigger points.  If it's PN related, what else can they do other than a block? If that's what did the trick for me initially, I felt no added benefits until 2-3 weeks after the block and then the benefits lasted 2 weeks. Coincided with a reduction in both systemic and topical HRT so I'm just as confused as ever.  And as scared as ever. Running is a huge part of my life and I'm literally petrified that I'll never run again. Sounds daft I know  :-X

Kkay

Re: Despair!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »

Hello cjmca -

I am very sorry that you have had such a hard time.

My story is a bit similar to yours in a couple of ways. My ovaries failed at 42 and it felt like hitting a brick wall at 100 miles an hour. I can't imagine how it was like for you, being so much younger.

The other way I feel our experiences are similar is that bladder pressure and pain are my worst symptoms.

When my ovaries first failed 12 years ago I felt I had cystitis and bladder pain for 18 months (nightmare) until I stumbled on  Estrogel (HRT as estrogen gel) and everything gradually resolved. I had squillions of other symptoms but the bladder stuff plus perineal burning etc practically made me suicidal. I quit work and it was just unmanageable.

I was fine on Estrogel for about ten years + and then my doctor said I should try Tibolone (mimics estrogen without the risks) as I had been on estrogen for a long time. This was ok until I developed a horrible UTI last august and what I thought was thrush but was diagnosed eventually as vaginal atrophy 3 months ago.

I immediately returned to Estrogel and have taken Vagifem for almost a month now. Am still not well, though there is the occasional good day.

I still have horrible flares that involve urethral pain; burning perineum but most distressing of all, bladder pressure and quite frequently now, horrible bladder spasms. I am trying to figure out if it is VA, vulvodynia or PN. Or vulvodynia and PN as a result of VA due to low estrogen, I guess.
Its  a nightmare and has taken over my life.

How are you doing ?

Kkay

Pages: 1 [2]