Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 6813 times)

peri

Re: PLEASE HELP
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 09:16:39 PM »

Yammy it could just be something as simple as the estradot doesn't suit you, I had a reaction to it when I tried it and switched to evorel which I'm fine on.  As someone has already suggested did you suffer from anxiety before as that may impact?  Otherwise I know it's trial and error but here may be another type of hrt you do better on, don't give up x

Tempest

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 10:51:29 PM »

Annie, yes it was better! I've had some rough times with the Estrogel previously, but that was just me being 'hrt naïve' in the beginning about how long it would take me to adjust after having no hormones for so long after my surgery. I've sensibly (for me) been journalling things lately so now I have a good idea of how it works. I was doing ok after a while on the Estrogel before that damned rash appeared!

I think you may very well like the gel - it's very flexible and I know you have quite a demanding job at times so if you're running low, you can adjust a tad up or down to suit if your symptoms are running amock. :) I was reading just the other day that Carol Vordeman uses this after suffering serious depression due to her menopause - she raves about it!  I find I get better stability if I split my dose, but many ladies over at Hystersisters say that after a good while when your levels are up and stabilised on creams/gels that you can then go to once a day application with no problems.

And DO get your GP to check your levels - I'm thinking the patch may not have been giving you all that you need all this time. You may be surprised! I know Dancinggirl said she managed to get a level of 600 from using 2 pumps of the gel - that's quite something!

Hugs! xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »

I'm going to try it
I haven't had my levels tested since coming off elleste solo pill, where they were always high

Do you know what the equivalent doses are ? I'm currently on 75mcg estradot and I wouldn't know what that is in pumps.  It might work better for me splitting the doses

Praying you get no rash Tempest and you settle until you see Prof Lumsden xxx

Tempest

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 11:21:21 PM »

Good for you, Annie!  ;) 2 pumps roughly equates to a 50 mcg patch, 3 to a 75, allowing for an invidual's absorption of course. You can either apply on inner thighs (as I do) or outer arms and shoulders. This is what's recommended in the pack insert, but I know some ladies here do something slightly different. I spoke to Dr Annie Evans on Facebook at one time and she usually recommends arms as she believes absorbtion is better there. And of course you'll be wanting to fit in your Tostrim somewhere. ;)

And you're such a sweetheart - thank you for the good luck wishes! :) xxxx

Oh, and P.S. - I DEFINITELY noticed that sleep and skin improvement overall is better with the gel. (Apart from my rash, of course ;))!

peri

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 11:22:52 PM »

I've just googled Carol Vorderman and what she's using after your post Tempest, she's using estrogel and testosterone gel.  She probably went private (and who can blame her) and got the most up-to-date treatment on offer x

Tempest

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »

Most probably, Peri! I wonder if she's another Prof. S lady? No wonder he's so busy these days!😉😊😊

Tempest

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 11:27:34 PM »

So there you go then, Annie - that'll be you part of the 'A' list! Lol!!!!😉😊😊😊

Annie0710

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 11:40:21 PM »

Ooh er if it's good enough for Carol Vorderman

Just think, I might even get a butt like her

Just normality will do me (and all of us)

Xx

Tempest

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

Ha ha!!! Yes, normality would be BRILLIANT, wouldn't it?!? I'll settle for that.....xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »

Thank you Tempest, reassuring to know it's not just me. I took patch off on Christmas Day and though I'm not 'better' my anxiety has gone down enough for me to feel like I can cope. My dad was rushed to hospital on Christmas Day with pneumonia so needless to say it was a stressful time, but surprisingly I coped and didn't freak out. He seems to be responding to antibiotics so fingers crossed. I am going on holiday next Monday to lanzarote for a week so I am going to stay hrt free until I come home and see how I go. My dear hubby is really supportive so I am just hoping I cope on holidays, I have a few Xanax on stand by just in case. I will definitely talk to doc about it because I am not willing to go back on estradot patch. Hope you all have a lovely happy stress free new year

Tempest

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 11:27:19 PM »

Yammy, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear Dad! I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. And I'm certainly glad that you're feeling better after removing the patch - me too! Whew! It was horrid to say the least.

Im so glad too that you have a lovely supportive Hubby (I keep a few rescue diazepam handy too, just for emergencies).  I hope you have a lovely holiday - wishing you all the best for the New Year too!

Hugs,

Tempest xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 11:48:05 PM »

Aw Yammy best wishes from too for your dear Dad, hope the meds work and he's back to good health in no time

I envy you going to Lanzarote, we went in October for my 50th and had a great time.

X

Yammy1

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 12:07:23 AM »

Thank you Tempest and Annie, just being on this site and talking  to others who know exactly how you feel really helps, it's mind boggling how severe hormone fluctuations can be and how they can take over your life, my dad is a little better today tg, hopefully he will continue to improve. God bless and once again wishing you a very happy peaceful new year x

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »

Hi Yammy1

First of all sorry to hear about your Dad and hope he recovers well.

As for the HRT - it is very unlikely to be the Estradot causing anxiety - after all it is just a dose of estradiol slowly going into your bloodstream. - the same estrogen as the gel - but in a slightly different medium. Also you've been on it 4 weeks so it is not going to suddenly make you feel like that.

From what you say - if you were peri-menopausal when you had your hysterectomy and kept your ovaries - then you may well still be peri-menopausal and therefore your own cycle is kicking in and causing the hormonal fluctuations (as with many women during the menopausal transition) - and this is what you are experiencing and reacting to, as well of course, Christmas, upcoming holiday, family stresses etc.  Without the regular bleed it is difficult to attribute your feelings to one particular point in your cycle - but personally I would not stop the HRT - depending on why you were given it and where in peri-menopause you were when you started. Of course, the aim is to feel better overall on HRt than off it , but a few days blip here and there are only to be expected - do keep a diary of your moods etc and see if a trend emerges and whether it depends on external events?

I would put that patch back on - well at least half a patch to start with. You don't want to experience a resurgence of symptoms on holiday, nor to have to go through a period of adjustment while your body gets used to it again. I've just looked up what Xanax is - and I would say better the HRT than those!!!

Hope you are feeling better yourself :)

Hurdity x

Yammy1

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 05:16:45 PM »

thank you Hurdity, but I am already starting to feel better(less anxious) since I took patch off on Christmas day, so I really feel it was causing my anxiety as the last time I tried these patches the same thing happened. who knows maybe they are not the type for me. I will check in with doc when I return from holidays, as for the Xanex i know exactly what they are and only on very rare occasions have I had to take half one just  to take the edge off, My doc always gives me two when i'm going on holiday. I really do appreciate your advice though and will bring patches away with me, I think i need to have my bloods checked again and see exactly where i am in this fatastic menopause, I have two sisters who sailed through meno no symptoms at all, ah well just have to ride the storm and hopefully come out the other side sooner rather than later, just back from visiting dad and he looks a lot better so thats something positive  xxx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:24:43 PM by Yammy1 »
Pages: 1 [2]