Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: help required please  (Read 3460 times)

Dandelion

help required please
« on: December 24, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »

Back in 2013 i went on femoston while still tapering off valium, as i was addicted.

I changed to patches and utrogestan and gradually worked my way up the doses from 25mcg to 100mcg before the flushes went away but the anxiety remained.
Anyway i have got myself readdicted to valium and I did not realise till cotober this year, that progesterone was cross tolerant with valium, so no wonder my anxiety never went away.

I am perimenospusal so was taking 100mcg evorel and 200mcg prog 12 days a month, but on the days I was not taking prog I was going crazy, no sleep, bad  moods, but no flushes.
I decided to take 100mcg prog every day and things evened out, but around october  i started getting unscheduled bleeding, while on the sequential hrt, and my bladder constatntly felt full, i presume there is a hump in my womb pressing on my bladder.

I got a light but most painful period ever in september, then a really heavy one in october, but none since only spotting and mild period pain.
I currently take 100mcg estradiol patch and 100mcg utro daily, dont want to go back on sequential, too mentlly unstable. GP knows all about this now, he referrreed me to a ultrasound to see whats going on in my womb.

I want to stay on this hrt regime, because taking prog for 12 days a month is like upping my valium dose for 12 days a month, a receipe for disaster.
I looked up the medicatoin for uterine polyps or fibroids, both not good for someone tapering valium.
I want to stay on the same hrt regime.
I am really worried about this.
I wonder if someone can help.
I'm 50 so not yet postmeno, but i wanna stay on conti cos sequi messed up my head with its cross tolerance to valium, and i stabilised mentally since going on 100mg utro daily instead of 200 12days a month
appreciated thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:51:59 PM by Dandelion »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: help required please
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »

You need to speak with your Prescribing Practitioner.  I haven't heard of any tranquillisers/ADs interacting with HRT.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:35:51 PM »

You need to speak with your Prescribing Practitioner.  I haven't heard of any tranquillisers/ADs interacting with HRT.
Thanks, Doctors are spectacularly ignorant about the cross tolerance between the metabolites of progesterone and gaba subunit alpha4, the receptors that prog and diaz share.
I already spoke to my GP who is referring me for ultrasound, and said I may have to change my hrt, but any other regime than the one I am on now will have a detrimental effect on my mental health which scares the life out of me.
Many ladies on the benzobuddies forum have had horrible experiences.

Nina

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »

Hello! Just to let you know I take utro 100mgs every day and am using 100mcg estradot. I'm peri too - no way could I suffer the withdrawal of sequi <shudder>

Good luck with the Valium taper, it's a tough path for sure but worth it in the end

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 08:27:21 PM »

Hello! Just to let you know I take utro 100mgs every day and am using 100mcg estradot. I'm peri too - no way could I suffer the withdrawal of sequi <shudder>

Good luck with the Valium taper, it's a tough path for sure but worth it in the end
Hi Nina

Have you had a valium taper in the past? sorry to sound nosey.
I just want rid of whatever it is in my womb that is squashing my bladder and to be alloweed to stay on the same hrt.
I tried explaining it to my GP but he looked blankly.
I suspect I've got a polyp or fibroid and the medications for those are both contra indicated in valium withdrawal, meaning, they will make it a whole lot worse of an ordeal with a longer period of suffering.
Other than feeling like I need to wee all the time and it taking a few goes to empty my bladder fully, the taper is going ok and I dont want to rock the boat.
I'm also scared of having a painful hysteroscopy, as I heard that general anaesthetic is no longer used and I cannot use ibuprofen.

Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 11:19:45 PM »

Even if GA is not used generally, you should still be able to get it if you are particularly likely to experience pain.  I had to have a D&C a few years back to deal with continuous bleeding and had to have it done under a GA as the initial exam was so painful they knew I wouldn't be able to tolerate the procedure without a GA.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »

Even if GA is not used generally, you should still be able to get it if you are particularly likely to experience pain.  I had to have a D&C a few years back to deal with continuous bleeding and had to have it done under a GA as the initial exam was so painful they knew I wouldn't be able to tolerate the procedure without a GA.
Hi Dorothy

Nowadays, due to nhs cutbacks, gynaes are offered rewards for every hysteroscopy they perform without GA but I will certainly ask them. Also, they might not do it due to the dose of valium i am on. I can only wait and ask though thanks and merry chrissy to you all

Meg

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 01:17:55 AM »

Are we going back to the dark ages in the NHS.  No woman should have to undergo any proceedure without appropriate  relief from pain or anxiety.  It's like asking a woman to undergo childbirth or some other investigation without any anaesthetic help.  Women should be able to elect sedation if they wish.  After menopause the vagina and uterus thin so what could be possibly tolerated before cannot be tolerated after.

Meg

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »

Are we going back to the dark ages in the NHS.  No woman should have to undergo any proceedure without appropriate  relief from pain or anxiety.  It's like asking a woman to undergo childbirth or some other investigation without any anaesthetic help.  Women should be able to elect sedation if they wish.  After menopause the vagina and uterus thin so what could be possibly tolerated before cannot be tolerated after.

Meg
NHS offered financial incentives if they  can save costs by cutting out the anaesthesiologist. There's lts of women gone through agony with hysteroscopies, nearly fainting and throwing up, and need driving home.

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »

If you don't think you will be able to deal with it while conscious, try telling them firmly you are not prepared to have the procedure without a GA.  May be more expensive, but cheaper than having you go in, not be able to have it done and have to go in a second time for a GA!

BTW, well done on the progress coming off Valium - have a friend who did this and know how tough it was, but worth it in the end.

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 01:14:14 AM »

If you don't think you will be able to deal with it while conscious, try telling them firmly you are not prepared to have the procedure without a GA.  May be more expensive, but cheaper than having you go in, not be able to have it done and have to go in a second time for a GA!

BTW, well done on the progress coming off Valium - have a friend who did this and know how tough it was, but worth it in the end.
I'm hoping they will let me stay on conti hrt even though I am not post.
When I was on sequi, as prog is cross tolerant with val, I spent a fortnight a month crazy, self harming etc, now im on half dose prog daily im a lot more mentally stable.
If they try to change my hrt, they can forget the whole gynae thing.
I probs have a polyp, been reading up on my symptoms, unscheduled bleeding on sequi, not worried about cancer.
Had psychosis before, would take cancer over that anyday, nearly knocked a man off his ladder when psychotic, coulda landed me in jail, i thank my lycky stars daily i never knocked him off, I was out of my mind and thought he was a persecutor, paranoia.
Prog and val cross tolerant, sequi hrt like upping val dose for two weeks every month, nah thanks.
I just wish my ultrasound appt would come through.
Tried telling GP my concerns but he looked at me blankly.