Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you feel?  (Read 4184 times)

Tempest

Re: How do you feel?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »

Wow......it sounds like you're running adrenaline 24/7! So......that leads me to adrenal issues. One of the symptoms of Addison's or primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency is feeling 'wired but tired'. Do this even come close for you? Weight loss? Any episodes of low blood sugar and unable to keep sugars elevated? Low blood pressure? Orthostatic hypotension? If you can tick yes to most of these, then it may be worth investigating (just a thought - as these are my symptoms that led to the testing - the weight is dropping but like you, my shape has changed. Somewhat drastically)!

I may be wrong. It may all be 'just meno' but my old Consultant Gynaecologist who I have been seeing for 10 plus years was so shocked when I saw him very recently that he made a tertiary referral to the Prof. Of Endo. right away and I have been seen very quickly.

Just something to think about, if all else fails! I don't want to sound like I'm becoming obsessed with adrenals (even though I've been banging on a lot about them lately)!

edelweiss

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »

Hello again,

Tired but wired? Yes. I'm mentally exhausted, but sleepiness eludes me.

Orthostatic hypotension - definitely!!!

Low blood sugar - how would I know?

Losing weight - yes, but shape changing and I just HATE it. More than hate it. I used to like my feminine shape and curves. Now my thighs are skinnier and my middle is getting fatter. And flabbier everywhere. I'm really not sure I can cope with it actually. I always had a small waist and I can't get used to the idea of it going. It's too scary. And I have a wardrobe full of gorgeous clothes I won't be able to wear. I am not interested in any of the things I think I'll have to wear. Sooooo so depressing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 09:38:42 PM »

edelweiss - as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as dryness all over: inside and out.  For me that laxity caused a drop in the belly apron - so when I look down I can see floppy belly; in the morning it is flat as previously but as the day progresses  >:(.  I haven't added any weight but have altered shape.  When my blood sugar drops I feel sudden sick, light headed, faint ........ which is why NAPS advised me in the 1990s to eat every 3 hours  ::).

Horlicks:beaurk:  ;D.  I think maybe you should be referred to a sleep clinic so that you get a true picture of your bed-time habits. 

edelweiss

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »

CLKD - yes I know about the floppy muscles and dry skin. It's horrific. I don't understand how anyone can deal with it. I never thought I'd have to - thought I'd be on HRT for life and much more in control of my body and fitness. It's like an alien has taken over!! I'm scared...

Thanks for the tips re blood sugar and sleep clinic. That's a good idea. xxx

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »

Just a thought as I didn't ask - have you tried Testosterone? It can help with all of these issues. That's my next port of call, even if I have to go privately as I was VERY surprised how hard it is to get even from my Consultant! :o

edelweiss

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 10:30:03 PM »

Hi Tempest, yes I've tried T. Only good when E was working for me. xx

jorainbow

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 08:12:57 AM »

Gosh edelweis I  thought I had an over active adrenaline switch! At least I get some sleep though after 3 this morning it was just on and off punctuated with anxious. I spend all day feeling spaced out or anxious or weepy. No guessing which. I've just put a picture of me and my mum and sister on social media as we had a photoshoot. It's great (no wrinkles) but I looked and thought wow. Behind that smile is a whole different person. So today im at a 3 🙁

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

edelweiss - I'm a glass half-full person so 8-9 most days sometimes 10. When I get a migraine - then those three to four days - I'm a 4-5, but times of 2-3.

Low blood sugar - you would know if you get episodes of these - the feeling is unmistakeable. You go from a little bit hungry to sweaty, shaky, irritable and desperate for sugar within a short space of time and especially if exercising. The feeling is only relieved by sugar and then carbs. Your blood sugar reading would probably be on the lowest end of normal if this occurred.  It can be brought on by having too much sugar and carb rich food in your diet leading to insulin resistance - but as Tempest says this is also associated with certain conditions. I get it in the mornings if I don't have enough breakfast. Some people are prone to it.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling good so hope you manage to find a solution or treatment or lifestyle that improves things. Sorry I don't know where in menopause you are or what HRT if any you use/have used?

Hurdity x

edelweiss

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »

Hi Hurdity, thank you. Ah yes, I recognise that feeling from when I have exercised without enough to eat. I remember it well. Haven't had it since I've felt ill over last 4 months.

I started estrogel 4 years ago when I was in peri, late 40s. Worked incredibly well. I was a glass half-full, 9 out of 10 person then too!
Then it stopped working.

Well-known popular gynae said tachyphylaxis. It's because I've developed resistance to exogenous estrogen. I've read the papers on Studd's site. But was told tachyphylaxis didn't need to be supraphysiological levels. Dictionary definition of tachy being 'repeated exposure to a drug leading rapidly to weakened pharmacological response'.

Thyroid, fine.
Tested for adrenal tumour, fine.
MRI, fine.
Tested Prolactin, fine.

Tried upping and downing E. No improvement.

Since estrogel stopped working I've tried lots of preparations. Estrodot, Prempak, Sandrena, with Testim, Utro, Provera,  ADs, CBT, Acupuncture, exercise and diet, herbs.

Nothing has helped. Feel incredibly ill. 

Are there no long timers who've come through similar and now feel better? x

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

When I cast my mind back to 2012 I'm much better now but I can't always shake off this social anxiety, but saying that there's improvement and I am thinking a lot of it is to do with who I am around, I'm generally less anxious around nice people so I assume now it's a lack of self confidence around very strong characters

I'm a forever optimist but a realistic too

Tempest

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »

Grrrrr! Me too, Rockhopper! >:(

edelweiss

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

Oh Rockhopper, I can totally relate... I feel completely and utterly robbed too.

I'm really sorry you feel so bad. I wish I could help. If wishing would make people feel better we'd all be feeling fabulous.

But you are taking HRT and that is making you feel better? So were you a 0 out of 10 before?

You still SOUND like a strong, sassy female to me, even if you don't feel it.

Your comment about celebrities - yes! But they are all *up to here* with added estrogen, right? I saw one of them (American actress now based UK) in a cafe near me the other day. She did look amazing and beautiful. I was having a massive meno anxiety attack panic dizzy spell freak out at the time (cos even tho taking HRT, mine's not working now).

You made me smile about the trolling - and believe me that's no mean feat at the moment. Thank you.

I hope you feel like the real you again very soon xxx

xxx
Pages: 1 [2]