Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Australian women and micronised progesterone...good news!!  (Read 6264 times)

soniad

Re: Australian women and micronised progesterone...good news!!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »

Hi Pam,

yes I just bought a pack of Prometrium yesterday. It's pretty expensive ($45.00) but you can def. get it here.

Dana

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »

Yes you've definitely been able to get it here for the last 2-3 months. I haven't tried to get it because I'm really not that interested in using it again, but I did ask my pharmacist the other day if he'd dispensed any and he said no. It's going to depend on whether or not doctors and patients feel the price is warranted. I personally don't think it is, but that's just me.

Pam Madra

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »

thanks for your response girls. Soniad do keep me posted about how you are feeling with it. I would be really interested in discussing it with my doctor gynea next month. What are you signs of menopause though I am perimenopause long way to go

matildamouse

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »

HI Pam. I am in Oz as well and use Prometrium (vaginal) on continuous basis but only alternative nights. My scan a few days aqo was normal. I am postmenopausal and on the patch. My main symptoms were hot flushes and insomnia.

Pam Madra

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 08:54:13 PM »

thanks Matildamouse. I am perimenopause and live in Sydney. I will be visiting Dr John Eden in Jan to look at my options for low mood, anxiety along with nausea this year. I know he highly speaks of this medicine and wanting to know what the options for me.

matildamouse

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 05:48:29 AM »

All the best. HRT can be a bit of trial and error and we all have different responses to different regimes. Some people are lucky with the first try.  :)

Pam Madra

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 08:46:52 AM »

fully agree. thanks for wishes. Merry Christmas
Pages: 1 [2]