Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: No period :-(  (Read 1496 times)

LW44

No period :-(
« on: December 22, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »

Hi all

im currently one 1.5 mg of oestrogen only hrt -  ive been peri for about 2 years (46 on monday !)  i dont take progesteone as cannot tolerate.. under consultants guidance as i was still having periods (somewhat erratic) he ok'd this.. anyway.. ive not had a period for nearly 10 weeks and feel awful.. some flushes.. tired.. tearful.. anxious.. low mood.. the lot !  its feels like i had pmt for the last four weeks.. and constantly feel like im going to start period.. but dont.. also feel quite bloated.. as xmas is coming up its making me feel more anxious as want to feel "right" .  Does anyons have any advice as to when/if this period is going to arrive and give me to relief?   xxx

matildamouse

Re: No period :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:50:43 AM »

So you still have an uterus but not taking any progesterone or progestin? Just wondering about that as the estrogen alone might get the lining to build up but there is nothing to break it down again...sorry I do not know as much as a lot of knowledgeable ladies on here who will be able to help more.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:45:37 AM »

Hi there LW44 - as matildamouse says - although when you started you were having regular periods and your consultant said it was OK not to take progesterone along with your oestrogen HRT - once you start to skip them it is vital that you go back to your doc and be re-assessed. You should not take oestrogen alone for any length of time without progestogen of some sort even if infrequently eg every 3 months - as without it, it could lead to endometrial hyperplasia and possibly cancer.

I can't help with the pms - pms symptoms are those that happen in the second half of the cycle ie rising and then falling progesterone, or decreased oestrogen. Other women have complained about prolonged pms type symptoms while waiting for a period - so it cannot be anything to do with progesterone because these symptoms only occur if you ovulate. Some women seem to report symptoms that could be high oestrogen - but I have no experience of this - nor very high oestrogen symptoms, because I can't see how very high oestrogen can occur in the absence of ovulation. Maybe your symptokms are due to oestrogen levels fluctuating - as the follicles start to ripen but because your ovaries are beginning to fail - none of them become mature, so you are experiencing some of the ups and downs (but not to the same extent as during your period). The added oestrogen is supposed to help with this as it prevents the oestrogen level falling too low.

Please go to your doc to review your HRT re the progesterone and your uterus lining - but it can wait until after Christmas now - and who knows - a period may arrive :). Some women chart ovulation by body temperature but I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.

Hurdity x

LW44

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 11:51:54 AM »

Hi

Thank you :-)   yes i plan to go and see dr in new year if nothing happens ,  i was presuming as hot flushes coming back (although not as bad) maybe oestrogen was dropping.  fingers crossed i have a period over xmas - never thought if say that ! xx