Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Parenting and menopause  (Read 1105 times)

Noheroicsplease

Parenting and menopause
« on: December 21, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »

I'm soon to start HRT after 10 months without a period.

I'm on edge A LOT. I have a wonderful, wilful 6 year old and I know I've become the shouty mum. The one who raises her voice. Every day I tell myself I'll get it right, but it feels like I fail a lot. My emotions go from despair/sadness to anger so quickly. And then, the inevitably remorse.

I feel really dire about it. Wondered if it affected anyone else in this way?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Parenting and menopause
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »

We have had several similar threads on here.  Maybe sit your 6 year old down and explain that Mummy needs help i.e. give him little chores?  Something to make him feel important in that he is helping ……… putting out his laundry, tidying his room, laying the table …….  Try not to give him too many choices so that arguments aren't encouraged.  2 choices of clothes for example, take it or leave it ;-)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »

Being a parent is often the toughest job in the world.  If you are menopausal this job is much harder.  Don't beat yourself up, kids are resilient - get that HRT into you and move forward - things will get better. DG x

Pam Madra

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

very hard with guilt always at the back of the mind. My kids keep saying and thinking that mum is sick and so hard to explain emotional side of things.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »

Its really hard I have a 5 yr old and a two year old went straight to meno from pregnancy feel.like the worst horrible shouty mummy on the world x