Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: This is weird. Any ideas?  (Read 2402 times)

GypsyRoseLee

This is weird. Any ideas?
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »

So, for the last 3 months I have just been using 4 pumps + testim. Overall, I have felt much better most of each month. And I have still had a regular (very light) period.

But each month, always on Days 11/12 of my cycle my mood has crashed again. And I'm back to feeling so low and anxious for the next 7-10 days. But then feel fine again as period starts.

This month I felt awful from day 11. My period was due on Dec. 9th. On the 9th my mood suddenly improved. But no period. For the last 10 days I have felt absolutely fine again, but I still haven't had a period.

Then, bingo, yesterday I started feeling anxious/low again on what WOULD have been day 11 of my cycle IF I'd had a period this month (which I haven't).

This morning, I wiped and there was some stretchy, clear mucus with a couple of drops of bright red blood in it.

Can you still have all the awful PMS from day 11, even if you end up not having a period that month?

And could I be ovulating now? The exact same happened last month on Day 11, mucus and a drop of blood............but it didn't lead to a period.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Stella1

Re: This is weird. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »

I can't explain it, sorry, but I also have crashing mood - really irritable & miserable around the 19th - 22nd days of my cycle on Elleste Duet conti tablets. The rest of the month I'm great; no depression or mood swings. I'm post meno so don't have periods (haven't had a period for about 5 years) but the timing seems to suggest PMS. Weird! The only positive thing is that having had this for a few cycles now, at least I know it will go away in a few days time and isn't a return to the depression, low mood and panic attacks that I had before HRT. Every cloud .....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

PMS/PMT happens in the 10-14 days prior to an expected bleed.  It doesn't happen afterwards because the hormone balances are different.  However, at this time of Life hormones as we are aware, run riot  >:( …… so I expect that PMT symptoms can be experienced, certainly even now I get period-type pains and think "Oh not after all these years!" [2001].

This too will pass.  Eat every 3 hours to ease any anxiety feelings.  Keep hydrated.  Did you feel OK after a few days once the blood had been seen?

:bighug:

Lizab

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:27:51 PM »

I can't explain it either. In the couple years before I started HRT I had that when I was skipping 3-4 months at a time. I would be normal, then when I should ovulate I felt a shift. I didn't crash like I'm doing now, but I would suddenly wake up feeling weird and fuzzy-headed then be off for several days. Then a day or two before my period, whether my period actually showed or not, I would shift again and feel fine. So it was definitely a phantom period pms thing for me.

Now on hrt I'm doing ok until about halfway through my progesterone, then feeling progressively worse until I've been off of it for almost a week, then slowly progressively better. I think. The bleeds don't give me instant relief like a natural period did. Now it's a gradual improvement after the bleed. I don't know. It changes every month but I think this is the pattern. I've got to figure something out because when I take it every month I'm left feeling shit about half the month. Taking progesterone every 5-6 weeks was working very well but I think I still had the crashes, just more tolerable since I got a little more time of feeling good between.

Sorry, I'm no help today. To be honest I'm getting fed up and desperate and depressed with this hormone business. I was ready to abandon it all together and look into  anxiety/depression/mood stabilizer options until I read Hurdity's opinion that if all this came on for the first time with peri, then it should be able to be corrected with hormones. That plus my age make me think I need to stick with the hrt.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 08:48:35 PM »

Hi Lizab

Sounds like our symptoms are very similar re: phantom PMS. Like you, these last few months my mood crashed mid cycle then suddenly picked up just before our period did or 'should' have arrived.

Surely, it can't be coincidence that yet again my mood crashed on Day 11?

Like you, I'm getting desperate with this rollercoaster I'm on.

I have just emailed Prof Studd for reassurance that Zoladex + Livial is successful, and that Livial will have enough oestrogen in it for me (as I seem to need lots).

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »

Hi Stella

Very odd about your 'pms' symptoms.

I wouldn't mind if I just had them for 2-3 days, but last month they lasted nearly 2 weeks.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »

Thank you for the hug CLKD

Over the last few months, my mood has crashed on Day 11 for a few days, then picked up. But each month, the PMS has lasted longer & longer each time (the last time it was nearly 2 weeks).

It's horrible because it makes me feel so flat and joyless inside. Plus I feel agitated and anxious.

I really want to try Zoladex + Livial, but am terrified it might actually make me worse.