Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Doxycycline  (Read 2171 times)

Spangles

Doxycycline
« on: January 05, 2017, 06:22:11 AM »

Hi
I was given doxycycline yesterday for a chest infection. Antibiotics always upset my stomach etc, so it's very rare I use them. However I took two as instructed yesterday and have felt nausea and anxious since. Could there be a link?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Scampi

Re: Doxycycline
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:38:35 AM »

There could be a link, but it could also be psychosomatic - you have had bad reactions to antibiotics in the past, so 'expect' a reaction this time.  Try to do something to keep your mind active, so you don't think about how you feel ... if your anxiety and nausea are psychosomatic it will lessen (or even go altogether) if you're not thinking about it.  Best wishes.

Evelyn63

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »

Scampi is right , I think when we have had a bad experience previously to something, we come to anticipate and expect it again.  Keep yourself busy and once the antibiotics start working and you begin to feel better, hopefully the other associated issues will go.  X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »

I had a course of this same antibiotic a couple of months ago and I also felt somewhat weird and nauseous after the first couple of tabs - but this settled and I got used to them. Hopefully the same will happen with you. Obviously no alcohol to be drunk while on them! Are you feeling better today?

Hurdity x