Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 3939 times)

Noheroicsplease

Nausea
« on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:58 PM »

I'm waiting to start HRT in Jan. Haven't had a period since March.

But I have waves of feeling nauseous, have had for a few weeks.

Is this a new lovely symptom of menopause and will I find HRT sorts it out?

Ta

Megamind

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »

I have experienced nausea similar to the nausea I felt during pregnancy and yes, it does appear to be a symptom. I don't take HRT though so hopefully one of the ladies who does will be along to advise..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:39 PM »

It can be because the body is hungry.  Add to that hormone fluctuations  >:(

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »

Afraid so, it comes in waves and suddenly

I woke this morning with hunger, headache and the jitters

Put a new patch on, took painkillers and ate cereal and it subsided and actually turned out quite a nice day

X

Meg

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 12:39:26 AM »

Yes nausea definitely.  Terrible symptom.  At present also the waking anxiety if nearly driving me over the edge!

Meg

Pam Madra

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 03:24:49 AM »

agree with you Meg. both anxiety nausea no wish to eat and then loosing weight all go in hand. I am taking half a tablet of tibilone in perimenopause phase. But recently I have stones in gall bladder also about half of the gall bladder full. so do not know if this makes any issue. My gp says it is all perimenopause related nothing to do with gall bladder. So I don't know what to do with those stones problem.

Pam Madra

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »

yes sparkle. I am thinking of eliminate  the issue by addressing gall bladder stones in jan.

Cecelia

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »

I had trouble with severe pain for years. Had couple of scans but nothing showed up. 15 years later the episode's became more frequent and severe with the vomiting. Yet another scan which seemed to show nothing but a mushy gallbladder. A senior member of staff took over and found a huge stone. Unfortunately things had been left so long my gallbladder was fused to my bileduct. What should have been a routine operation turned out to be a life threatening major bleed which left me in hospital for 5 days . A hole had been ripped in my bile duct so a stent had to be fitted until it repaired . Was told by consultant that I had stage 3 mirizzi syndrome, stage four they would have needed to rebuild the bile duct! The vomiting only came at the later stages with me and was accompanied by severe pain like a crushing under my breast and through to my back. Good idea to have it checked - I should have been more persistent instead of putting it down to  a bit of indigestion.

Cecelia

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »

My op was in 2003 so a while ago now. Looking back I cannot believe I suffered in silence for so long. My last severe episode I was up all night with a hot water bottle on my back and front. The Dr wasn't happy when he saw my red skin :o At that point I didn't have a temperature but the next day it was 39. Spent a whole week unable to function and even hallucinating. I realise now how close I was to getting peritonitis. After the op I vividly remember coming around to find the room filled with medical staff including the surgeon who told me I was bleeding and needed to sign this form immediately! It's a period in my life that im so pleased turned out ok. My husband at the time was in a deep depression so I was the rock holding everything together so couldn't afford to be ill! My children bless them said the house was cold and empy - dad laid on the sofa not even able to put the heating on :'( think it took about a year before I felt back to my normal self. Are you ok now sparkle?

Pam Madra

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »

Thanks for all this information. I have stones only which are quite big though in size. No pain at all but surely not hungry at all nausea occasional vomit. so I think I will see surgeon and see what my options are. Thanks once again as sometimes dr say something but your gut tells you that yes there is an issue.

Pam Madra

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »

make sense sparkle. Will update you in new year.