Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Constant red face  (Read 6102 times)

lorrapaw

Constant red face
« on: December 21, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »

I seem to get a red face with very little activity and it stays red for hours. I am very pale skinned so its very noticeable and upsets me. Is this common with menopause? Is there anything i can try that works as its driving me bonkers.

Tinkerbell

Re: Constant red face
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:29:17 PM »

Do you think it is a hot flush? Never had them myself so don't know if it could be that.
Another thought is it could be the start of roscea
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rosacea/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
I started with symptoms of it in my late thirties and redness is an early sign.

HorsesHorses

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »

Hello Iorrapaw
I get this too and never did before menopause. I too am pale (normally) so it's very noticeable and I feel quite conscious walking round with a bright red face. I've wondered if it's rosacea starting or just my skin being more sensitive while my hormones play up. I don't think mine are linked to my flushes as I don't go red when I flush but I do wake up with a red face most mornings and it takes a long while to calm down. Very annoying!
HH

lorrapaw

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »

Its not rosacea as my skin is pale most of time. Its just if im rushing about or i exert myself and it takes hours to go back to normal.

ariadne

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »

Me too.  Also pale skinned.  The redness is close to my nose rather than on my actual cheeks and happens if I'm feeling hot,  flustered or tense.  I thought it was rosacea starting but there are no raised areas,  I just look flushed.  Its not hot flushes as those are over and done with.

I hate it when people draw my attention to it- asking if I'm "having a hot flush". 

Ariadne xx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 12:19:00 AM »

You don't get raised areas/bumps in the early stages of roscea, most people start with a intermittent flushing red face and unfortunately roscea becomes more common the older you get and if you are fair skinned.
It is a horrible condition and knocks your confidence, I was once accused of enjoying too much alcohol...in fact I hardly touch the stuff.
Also spend a fortune on Clinique concealer and foundation as it is the only one that suits my skin.

lorrapaw

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:58 AM »

Makeup doesnt cover mine, think cos im so pale like a wee ghost lol. I have really dark hair so i think it makes it more obvious.

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »

Mine has always gone red - especially in the evenings.

It is definitely a lot worse, and I have become so much more sensitive, especially to anything that has nut oils in (mildly allergic).  If I blush, it burns.  In exercise classes it glows, and after the shower I am a blotchy mess.

I put a little powder foundation on in the evenings and pretend that it is not happening on the basis that if I do not draw attention to it and brazen it out, then no one else will notice either - they are either worrying about themselves or too polite  ;)   Brief Hard stare and change the subject/move on to anyone who does.

matildamouse

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 06:54:30 AM »

I started having problems with a very sensitive, sometimes itchy and red skin in peri-menopause. Apparently it is linked to low estrogen levels. IThas settled down on HRT a lot but not totally gone yet.