Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: OK, let me ask it another way - Fibromyalgia ignored, why?  (Read 1279 times)

Jaki T

OK, let me ask it another way - Fibromyalgia ignored, why?
« on: December 15, 2016, 01:36:09 PM »

Dr Currie is very busy to answer suggestions for this site and the webmaster link doesn't work

I can't get answers from Emma either

So just who is in charge for suggestions for this site? I have repeatedly posted on threads and sent messages regarding the absence of Fibromyalgia and ME (not to mention Anxiety & Depression) in the A-Z listings. But the fact that nobody takes it seriously or addresses it, makes this site seem rather hierarchical and remote, rather than one that is empowering ie a site run by women for women. People with Fibromyalgia and ME are all too used to being treated like this but would have hoped somebody would have addressed this by now
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:26:15 PM by Jaki T »

Dancinggirl

Re: OK, let me ask it another way - Fibromyalgia ignored, why?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »

Jaki T
I am surprised you haven't had a response from Emma.  I have been posting on the forum for some time now and I'm baffled that you haven't received support from other members who also suffer with these conditions???!!!
I have read many threads and posts on MM that relate to both Fibromyalgia and ME and these conditions are taken very seriously. 
Anxiety and Depression are definitely included in the menopausal symptoms list and also tackled extensively on many threads. 
The factual information offered on MM is directly related to the menopause e.g. symptoms, treatments etc. 

I am certainly no expert but I didn't think Fibro and ME were specifically menopause related, as you can suffer from these conditions when not in menopause. However, I believe some women report that these conditions do became more severe when the meno hits and HRT can sometimes be beneficial - there are many health conditions that improve with HRT. Is there any research that shows a specific link of oestrogen deficiency with the onset of ME and Fibro?
I am sure there are sites specifically related to ME and fibromyalgia if you are needing support regarding these issues.
Do start a thread on the Forum asking for support and advice - I don't have experience of these challenging conditions but I know there are plenty of ladies who visit this site who do suffer with ME and Fibro and may be able to offer support. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »

Or do a 'search' on here for each of the conditions?

Jaki T

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:53 PM »

Many thanks  for your reply Dancing Girl.

Yes I am on other sites for Fibro. And it is true they are not menopause related, although those of us who suffer from them do get a double whammy with symptoms as you rightly say.  But I am referring to this A-Z list on the site and many of those conditions aren't solely menopause related either!  But I can see no mention of anxiety, depression, FM or ME :(

I have tried PMing Heather Currie through this site and Emma but sadly to no avail.  I was only wanting to make a suggestion for improvement to the site to have their conditions listed as thousands of women in the UK and beyond suffer with these conditions.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/atoz.php

Jaki T

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »

Megamind

Fibromyalgia is associated with osteoporosis:

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fibromyalgia_osteo.html

It was only a suggestion for the site.  It was one of the first things I looked at the A-Z of illnesses in the dropdown menu but everyone is different