Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tender breasts  (Read 1888 times)

jillyt39

Tender breasts
« on: December 19, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »

Hi ladies,
I'd like to thank you all for your interesting views, facts etc on the menopause. I am a newbie to posting but i do have a question that i thought one of you lovely ladies maybe able to help me with.

I was advised by the doc that she felt i was going through the menopause (age 47) because my breasts were very tender, my mood swings were terrible ( i could rip someones head of one moment then cry all over them the next). I hadnt had a period for 4 years as i am on the coil. Sleep pattern wasn't good and i put on lots of weight. i suffered from depression and anxiety. I thought i may have been going through this some 6 or 7 years ago but was told by the doctor i was too young, i now know through many of your posts that this is not the case.

For nearly two years i have been on HRT and to be honest i don't know what i was expecting to happen but my moods are not as bad, tend to go quiet now instead of angry and then cry. Sorry to prattle on but it is so good to talk about it.

At last i get to my questions, is there a point when my breasts will start to feel better. They are still very tender all over and really getting on my nerves now.

I will welcome any advice and tips on how i can alleviate this tenderness.

thanks ladies in advance

Jill

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tender breasts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »

:welcomemm:  some ladies find that evening primrose capsules can relieve breast tenderness.  Or a simple, over-the-counter pain relief?  A good bra is important, getting measured correctly can be important, apparently 85% of women are wearing the wrong size!

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:57:44 PM »

GP recommended Starflower capsules as they have higher content of GLA around 250mg. I took 1 per day & started feeling relief about 6 weeks later. Not cheap, but worth it to help with tenderness. I no longer need them. Once the tenderness went, I stopped the capsules & been fine since.

jillyt39

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »

thank you cubagirl and CLKD for your responses, i was one of the many of was wearing in incorrect sized bra but got that sorted a few months ago.  I will look for the starflower capsules and hopefully i will have the same success as you.

LostLady

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »

Hi Jill,
I take evening primrose for my breasts and I didn't realise how much it was helping until I stupidly stopped. The pain and tenderness came back so I quickly started taking them again.

I hope you find a solution that suits you.
Best of luck
LostLady