Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: So proud of DD!  (Read 6569 times)

kiltgirl

So proud of DD!
« on: December 15, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »

Just had an email from her ballet teacher to say she passed her Grade 1 ballet exam with a Distinction...(80%)

I'm so proud I have tears in my eyes...can't wait to tell her the news!

just had to share  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Annie0710

Re: So proud of DD!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:49:07 PM »

That's an awesome achievement !
Congratulations to your daughter

X

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »

Hello kiltgirl.

Lovely news about your daughter's achievement! Congratulations to her and hugs to you.

Take care.

K.

kiltgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »

Thanks ladies, she'll be going off with her dad tonight so I guess they will be celebrating but stopping off here on their way to pick something up...she was no nervous before the exam she had to leave school early with tummy ache...same thing happened on Tuesday before the school Xmas show on Wednesday bless her.

Her dad and I can be civil for her sake so we will both be going to watch her at her final lesson on Friday and then take her out to celebratory tea and cake  :D

Lovely start to the holidays...I'm going to tell her I've told you all, she'll be really chuffed x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »

:medal: 

I don't remember feeling nervous B4 exams but I am sure that I was!  Does the 'tummy ache' feeling ease once she gets going?  I did Ballet, Piano and music theory exams. over the years!   I do remember being outside a HUGE wooden door and tapped as I was told to but couldn't hear a 'come in' from the other side  :o - it was as HUGE room and the Judges sat at the far end  ;) :sigh: - what a shame someone hadn't told me  >:(

Evelyn63

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 04:59:16 PM »

Many congratulations and what an achievement .  Its so rewarding when you work hard for something and it pays off ! Enjoy being a proud mummy and the upcoming celebrations.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 05:19:47 PM »

Ooh lovely news! Well done to your DD‼️

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 05:27:06 PM »

:congrats: to your daughter.  How old is she kiltgirl?  My daughter also got a distinction for her grade 1 when she was 11.  I never got higher than a pass plus for mine (I only took gr 1 & 2)  I was too plump and unco-ordinated to really do well.  I was given the choice of ballet or physio for my flat feet when I was 12 and I asked to do ballet but I wasn't much good.  It did strengthen my feet though  :)

cubagirl

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »

Well done to your daughter!  My daughter gave up ballet at about 14. She carried on with Jazz for a while.

Proud mummy moment kiltgirl! Enjoy it!

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

Well done to your daughter!  My daughter gave up ballet at about 14. She carried on with Jazz for a while.

Proud mummy moment kiltgirl! Enjoy it!
Well done! i learnt ballet between the ages of 5 and 7-8 but then gave it up because i wasn't enjoying it enough. My sister then started and continued until she was about 12.

kiltgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »

Aw thanks ladies...she's so chuffed bless her.

She's 9.5 yrs old, starting to develop some curves too, I watched her practice before the exam, where did my baby go!?

Lovely start to the Christmas holiday for her...and she got her video from Santa today telling her she's on his 'nice' list...still believes in magic...so lovely!  ;D

Tempest

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »

How wonderful, Kiltgirl! Well done to your lovely daughter - you must be so proud! :)

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »

Well done to your daughter Kiltgirl :congrats: :medal: