Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oh dear - happy, relaxed feeling is now extreme tiredness  (Read 1378 times)

Dawncam

Oh dear - happy, relaxed feeling is now extreme tiredness
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »

Had a mirena fitted last wed, no probs with fitting and only slight spotting/light bleeding after 2 days. Sleep is fantastic. I felt relaxed and at ease immediately after fitting and until yesterday when I started to feel really quite tired. Big nap in afternoon yesterday and could easily have repeated that today.

Is this normal?

Also, is it necessary to increase Oestrogen with Mirena as it's conti prog albeit mild systemic absorption - wondered if the balance might be causing tiredness.

Dx

Hurdity

Re: Oh dear - happy, relaxed feeling is now extreme tiredness
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »

I think prog causes tiredness no matter what - think of pregnancies - you are tired the whole time when your levels of progesterone and oestrogen are whopping! I would see if the tiredness abates before increasing the estrogel - although depending on what you are taking now ie how many pumps and where you are in menopause - the Mirena is so good at protecting the womb lining that it certainly won't do any harm. However if you are peri then maybe around ovulation it could be too much - but I have to my knowledge experienced  too much oestrogen so no idea what that feels like.

Hurdity x