Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Contemplating HRT  (Read 7824 times)

tiredmum

Re: Contemplating HRT
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »

Hi there.just wanted to say I'm on Evorel sequi and have been for the last year,it's helped me so much.I kept a diary of all my symptoms -all the usual flushes,night sweats,insomnia etc and the patches have returned me to almost normal.I tried to cope without hrt and tried all the herbal remedies with no luck.after 3 different hrt  tablets and almost giving up,I tried the patches.hope you find them as good as I did- it's got to be worth a try!

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »

My B12 result was 442 ng/L. It says the range is 220 - 700.

Has anyone found that HRT helps with relieving nausea? Also does anyone know if Evorel Sequi patches are effective?

Your b12 is ok I'd say so does seem menopause symptoms

I've had phases of the nausea whilst on hrt, unfortunately hrt can't relieve every symptom, try eating little and often whilst nauseous x

ecn

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 09:14:26 PM »

Thanks for letting me know. I've not had any hot flushes but i have woken up and then felt really hot - is this a night sweat? I also wake up and feel really strange - not sure how to describe this!
I'm just worried about starting anything at the moment!

nearly50

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »

My night sweats are a bit more intense and I have to change clothes, as there's so much sweat running down my chest, yuck. Other women have to change bed clothes. My hot flushes are only on my neck and face though so there are lots of different experiences.

I wake up randomly full of adrenalin which is a horrible feeling, is this anything like you mean? Never been on hrt though.

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »

Night sweats started at 32 after my hysterectomy

Feeling cold is what woke me, then I'd noticed my chest and scalp were soaked, hrt stopped that within days

When you're in peri menopause your hormones are all over the place and so symptoms come and go

I still get adrenaline rushes, very common just as I'm drifting off to sleep at night which then startles me ! X

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 11:16:12 PM »

Hi ecn - thanks for posting those results! Your thyroid is probably OK because at 2.0 it is well within range. Mine is higher than this (about 3) but docs say no treatment needed. I just asked in case it was borderline. Your hot feeling is exactly what i got before getting proper night sweats - i used to wake up in the early hours tossing and turning and very hot and then couldn't sleep. Eventually they turned into proper sweats and then got flushes as well.

I can't comment on HRT and nausea - some women experience nausea without having stomach problems (which you do have), from low oestrogen, but it's also a common symptoms of the oestrogen highs of peri-menopause. You won't be able to tell until you start taking it but it should help with the night sweats.

Please don't worry so much about taking it and take heart from tiredmum's positive post! Often it is just women who encounter problems with HRT that post so you can get a distorted view of what works because those that are happy don't come near this website or forum :)!

Hurdity x

ecn

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »

Thanks for all the advice. If I start HRT will it help my anxiety and low mood. ( I don't have any enthusiasm for anything at the moment) I am struggling to work out if the reflux is making me feel ill and anxious. I've been taking Lansoprazole for 2 months and still I am aware of my throat - not sure if my health anxiety isn't helping the situation. I am therefore concerned that I will then start to worry about the risks of HRT! I am a mess !!

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »

Low oestrogen is one of the causes of low mood and anxiety/depressive feelings - so you have nothing to lose by trying it - you will need to give it three months to let you body stabilise before deciding whether it's for you or not, and do expect a normal amount of pms during the second part of your cycle - because HRT does not eliminate that. The aim is for you to feel better overall on HRT than off it so hopefully it will do this for you. Banish those worries and negative thoughts and concentrate on something positive you have coming up or anything else rather than your own state of mind and health if you can, to take your mind off it!! Here's hoping you decide to go ahead and you feel better and better as the new year progresses :)

Hurdity x

ecn

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »

I take 15mg in the morning and 15mg at night. I've also changed my diet and cut out all alcohol and coffee. My throat sometimes feels dry and I am conscious of it, which I don't think helps. I don't seem to have any heartburn at the moment. How long have you been taking it for?
My vitamin D level is 77 nmol/L.

ecn

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »

Do you still feel nauseas with it? I panicked when I knew I had problems as my father died of Oesophagus cancer so this hasn't help my anxiety, although I have been reassured that plenty of women suffer with reflux. It only started after I had a violent sick bug!
Thanks for replying x
Pages: 1 [2]