Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Desperately worried about this ...  (Read 12729 times)

Taz2

Re: Desperately worried about this ...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 11:52:22 PM »

Hi Melbury - I have had lots of different pains and bowel problems since my hysterectomy two years ago which may be caused by adhesions. The bowel definitely settled into the space left by the removed uterus which then gave rise to IBS symptoms of urgency and loss of sensation. Sharp stabbing pains in the top of the vagina were really common but now only occur around twice a week or so.

I wonder whether you have some degree of prolapse going on? Up to 40% of women suffer prolapse following hysterectomy unfortunately.

Taz x

Melbury

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 07:23:40 PM »

Hi Melbury - I have had lots of different pains and bowel problems since my hysterectomy two years ago which may be caused by adhesions. The bowel definitely settled into the space left by the removed uterus which then gave rise to IBS symptoms of urgency and loss of sensation. Sharp stabbing pains in the top of the vagina were really common but now only occur around twice a week or so.

I wonder whether you have some degree of prolapse going on? Up to 40% of women suffer prolapse following hysterectomy unfortunately.

Taz x

Really don't know what to think. 

It is well over 13 years since I had the operation and I have not experienced any problems with bowels.  I have had the occasional sensation of cramping, but nothing like this and for so long.

Eventually managed to get through to the GP surgery at around noon (after dialling the number about 70 times during the morning from 8.45 onward) and a doctor did phone me back.  I have an appointment for next Monday, so will have to try and stop stressing - easier said than done :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »

Were you given any advice about pain relief?

Melbury

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »

Were you given any advice about pain relief?

No not really.  I said I had been taking some Ibuprofen and also tried some Paracetamol, but they didn't make much difference.

She did ask about changes in bladder/bowel habits and I have to say that when I am totally stressed out I do have to go more, but I think that is purely down to nerves.

OMG, I have been frightening myself to death reading too much on the internet :'(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:05:26 PM by Melbury »

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »

Aaahhhh - maybe because your bowels are more fluid there is an ache-kind of difficult-to-explain sensation of pain after going?  Sometimes if I 'go' more often I get an ache …….. for me it's when the bowel is empty  ::)

Melbury

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 08:37:48 PM »

Aaahhhh - maybe because your bowels are more fluid there is an ache-kind of difficult-to-explain sensation of pain after going?  Sometimes if I 'go' more often I get an ache …….. for me it's when the bowel is empty  ::)

If I am stressed and anxious it does affect my bowels definitely, but I think this is only happening because I am so worried about the cramping type pains.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 09:22:59 PM »

One worry feeds the other.  Been there, survived - but OH it WAS hard work  :sigh:

Then the bowel starts.  For me it's sudden nausea and the bowel begins to bubble followed by weak thighs, then weak lower legs and complete panic.

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »

I had the type of cramping you describe due to prolapsed bladder Melbury. It was as if I was about to start a period. Sometimes the pain was low down as if in the uterus and at other times it was more anal which was very uncomfortable. The type of pain you describe can also be due to the ligaments holding the pelvic floor beginning to weaken and stretch. Prolapses are often missed and women have to undergo tests for IBS and other bowel conditions unnecessarily. Be sure to ask your doc about possible prolapse especially as you have had a hyster some years ago.

Taz x

Melbury

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »

Thanks again for the replies.

This week has been really dragging for me and still two more days and three nights to go until my appointment with the doctor. 

I wish I wasn't such a worrier; I know that I am my own worst enemy and stress myself out so much.  OH says I should take some diazepam to calm me down.

I do quite often suffer from bad nausea at night, but this week it has been pretty full on, plus my bladder and bowels have been overactive :(

To top it all I am really sore just inside the entrance to the vagina, which of course I am reading as another bad sign.

My lichen sclerosus has also been playing up, so all in all not a good week.

P.S.  My bad nausea started years ago when OH was very ill, so this must be a stress related thing.  I was then given Omeprazole and told it was caused by stomach acid.  Does anyone else suffer from nausea that is worse at night but can hang around all day?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:29:06 PM by Melbury »

Melbury

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:41 PM »

Just to say that I saw GP today (who is also my new doctor, a thirtysomething lady) and she was so nice and understanding.

She did an internal exam (ouch, really hurt) and had a good feel of my abdomen, but said she couldn't feel anything untoward.  She has booked me in for a blood test in early January and will phone me if that throws up anything strange, then next thing will be an ultrasound scan.

I poured out everything to her about my problems "down below" - the Lichen Sclerosus, the atrophy, the not having had sex for over two years, all of it :'(  She said that my vagina was very atrophied and narrow (sounds ghastly), whereas five years ago the consultant said it was very well "oestrogenised" (his word) and promptly took me off it as I was going onto Oestrogel - so it is his bloody fault >:(

Anyway she told me that at a recent gynecological conference she had attended it was recommended that anyone suffering from vaginal atrophy should be put on topical oestrogen alongside any other HRT they are taking, so she has given me a prescription for Vagifem again.  I wonder if it will help restore things at all.

About 15 minutes after posting the above, I come across this article:

http://patient.info/blogs/sarah-says/2015/02/hrt-and-cancer-of-the-ovary-balancing-the-risks-and-the-benefits

Talk about bursting my bubble :(

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:06:19 PM by Melbury »

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 08:10:10 PM »

I can't find anywhere that tells us the date of this article.

STOP looking at GOOGLE etc..  Your GP has been to a recent Conference and has noted that local oestrogen can be used along with other HRT! something ladies with VA have known for ages. 

Start using the Vagifem ?  nowt else is likely to relieve symptoms  :-\

Melbury

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 08:40:56 PM »

I can't find anywhere that tells us the date of this article.

STOP looking at GOOGLE etc..  Your GP has been to a recent Conference and has noted that local oestrogen can be used along with other HRT! something ladies with VA have known for ages. 

Start using the Vagifem ?  nowt else is likely to relieve symptoms  :-\

I know CLKD, I am definitely my own worse enemy.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »

If we get too much info in our heads it makes it difficult to decide what does/not work  ::)

Tempest

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »

You're a wee soul, Melbury! I'm just flying in, so not had a chance to read everyone's replies but I think your GP should refer you to the Gynae. who can arrange a pelvic ultrasound. I have extensive adhesions which DO shift and cause this type of pain, but also I experienced this when I had a large cyst on my ovary. Try not to worry too much though - and because I know you probably WILL worry (been there), cysts are more often than not benign.

Sending you big hugs - and try not to worry too much although I know it's hard (and don't worry about the vaginal estrogen, either - it's fine. Really)!

Melbury

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:59 PM »

You're a wee soul, Melbury! I'm just flying in, so not had a chance to read everyone's replies but I think your GP should refer you to the Gynae. who can arrange a pelvic ultrasound. I have extensive adhesions which DO shift and cause this type of pain, but also I experienced this when I had a large cyst on my ovary. Try not to worry too much though - and because I know you probably WILL worry (been there), cysts are more often than not benign.

Sending you big hugs - and try not to worry too much although I know it's hard (and don't worry about the vaginal estrogen, either - it's fine. Really)!

Thank you Tempest. 

She said next thing after blood test would be ultrasound.
Pages: 1 [2] 3