Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston  (Read 2047 times)

Hev79

Femoston
« on: December 12, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »

Hi I'm 36 just been out on fermoston 1/10 been taking it for 5 days now I've feel like I've been through hell and back last 2years and just won't to feel well again any positive views on this med?

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Hev79
I had to start HRT in my late 30s due to early meno.  Femoston is a good one to start with as it has a kinder progesterone.  You do need to give any HRT at least 3 months to settle and do it's magic - so give things time as some side effects are normal at first.
I assume you are using the sequential version of Femoston?  Keep us posted.  DG x

Hev79

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 01:37:41 PM »

Thanks for replying without sounding dramatic feel like I've lost the person I use to be over these last two yrs been back a fourth to many a hospital appointments me and my hubby been trying to get pregnant with no joy and now they tell me I'm pof been an absolute joke really!! I suffer with lots of dizzyness and this weird feeling like me legs are just going to give way on me as much as I hate to admit it I have terrible anxiety which really stops me being girl i was hate going anywhere on my own which is nothing like I use to be and tired I'm always tired!!!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »

Hev79 - the HRT should help you get to back to where you want to be - just give it time - you have been through a tough time and your hormones have been mucked around with - your body doesn't know where it is right now. You are on the right road as HRT is what you need and Femoston is a good one as it suits many women very well.  Try to be kind to yourself, get out for brisk walks, do some fun activities and make sure you are not low on basic nutrients like Vitamin D, Iron and B12.   The HRT may well help with the anxiety as well, though I find Mindful Meditation really helps to keep me calm.  The energy will get better with HRT.   Keep us posted.  DG x

Hev79

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »

Thanks so much you give me hope and sound like a really nice person  was always such an out going person and just won't to get back there I knew there was something wrong with my hormones but doctors just kept telling me I was to young and just brushed me off are you taking femoston?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:54:30 PM »

I am 60 now and have used HRT on and off for over 25 years.  I decided to stop systemic HRT back in the summer as I was getting more and more side effects with HRT - I think my body couldn't cope with the progesterone any more - I'm just to old now.
I still use local vaginal oestrogen to treat urogenital atrophy and I will probably keep using this for the rest of my life.
Femoston is actually the only HRT I haven't tried but I know it is a good one but if after 3-6 months you are not feeling a lot better then we can advice you about other options - there are lots of HRTs to choose from but beware of chopping and changing as it rarely helps.
Do get clue up about everything - makes it less scary.  You are doing the right thing by using HRT and will need this until at least your mid 50s.  Don't let anyone question the HRT or put you off with scare stories - most women do very well on this type of HRT and it will protect your heart and bones for the long term - you should find an improvement in many things over the next 6-8 weeks.  Do look after yourself though - try to relax and enjoy Christmas and by the NEW YEAR things will be better.
POF is far more common than is thought - many in the medical profession are in denial about this.  I'm sure you are feeling really sad about not being able to have a baby and this is very tough to come to terms with. Both my sisters had to adopt or use surrogacy, as they had Crohns and Ulcerative colitis that prevented them having children - I was just lucky that I had my 2 children before the POF started.
I hope your husband is supportive - give yourselves time to get life back on track and then think what you both want for the future.  DG xxx

Hev79

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »

Thanks for your post I've have a son who is nearly 20 I had him very young I try to make a joke of it with him and tell him I put all my eggs in one basket with you ;) he is not my husband biological son but an amazing step father to him and a wonderful husband to me so supportive would love nothing more than to be able to give him a child I've got a scan tomorrow to see what is going on with my ovaries you think after being under the hospital for twelve months they would of already done it had loads of blood test so I know my amh level is very low less than 1 as much as we do won't another child the most thing I won't for now is to feel well