Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Craving estrogen  (Read 3596 times)

donnacrichton

Craving estrogen
« on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »

Think I can remember someone saying this a while a go I change my estradot patch every 3 1/2 days but the 12 hours before is awful then eases once the patch is applied. I get burning back shivers & zaps through the skin. It's been a few months now. Will this eventually settle?

Tempest

Re: Craving estrogen
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »

I change mine every 3 days as I can't make it to 3 1\2, Donna. I know you said before that you tried bringing it forward but it felt like too much. As I recall, you got the burning back then too? Is it worth trying to change early again do you think, and seeing if it'll settle?

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

I'm actually feeling today it is my own estrogen kicking in again head bursting sore breasts this is the third time this month. Think I need to phone my consultant again 😠

cjmca

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »

I think quite a few ladies find the patch wears off after 3 days.  Where do you place the patch? Butt cheek apparently gets 17-25% more absorption than the belly due to it being a muscle with more blood supply. I just swap butt cheeks every 3 days!

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 07:13:45 PM »

Been putting it on bum cheek 😀 definatly my own hormones jumping in again estrogen high as a kyte so hard to figure out high or low initially but defo high!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 08:33:19 PM »

The patch does not run out after 3 days - it contains a much large amount of oestrogen on it than can ever get into your system. According to one paper on the absorption of oestrogen through time from patches - it rises to a peak after a few hours and then very slowly declines over the next week. We normally change the patch way before it "runs out". If you are very sensitive to even the slight decline or you are experiencing a resumption of symptoms after 3 days then you need a higher dose - the dose should be sufficient for you to feel OK when the level reaches a peak after ( ?) 12 hours and after 3.5 days. There may well be exceptions....!!!

Yes butt cheek all the way - although I think evidence is contradictory - however it is easier for it to stay in place here anyway safely hidden under nix and jeans, rather than floppy tum skin (especially my baby skin which is very loose!).

Hurdity x

cjmca

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 09:20:47 PM »

My gynae told me she even asks ladies to change the patch after 2 days - ladies very very low in estrogen that is, and there's very little left in it on day 4. Dunno what to think sometimes!  ???

Dana

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »

I change mine every four days and have no problems.  One day I'll try to see if I can get it to last longer, just so I can get more for my money. 😊

For those who need to change earlier, maybe it's more of a "sticking" problem rather than an estrogen problem.

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 10:40:30 PM »

I think my issue is that my own hormones have been popping in & out again.  I had this problem with zoladex also. Patch been off for 12 hours and starting to ease off. Thought the nasal spray was working better maybe not😠

Dana

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 04:40:21 AM »

I think my issue is that my own hormones have been popping in & out again.  I had this problem with zoladex also. Patch been off for 12 hours and starting to ease off. Thought the nasal spray was working better maybe not😠

That could have something to do with it. I'm "luckier" I guess in that I'm post-meno so my hormones are pretty stable ........ at zilch ..lol...

Tempest

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »

Hi, CJMCA!
According to my Consultant (Professor Lumsden - very senior lady who runs a complex menopause clinic) yes, the patches CAN run out early and in some cases she even has ladies changing patches daily. This is from her very vast experience.